Thread: Facing issue in formatting Gateway DX4822 Desktop

Facing issue in formatting Gateway DX4822 Desktop

Hello friends, I have the Gateway DX4822 Desktop computer system which come with the preloaded Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit operating system. Now this computer system is not working properly. Its working very slow and sometime it reboots by itself. So i want to format the computer system and reload the Windows 7 operating system again on the system. I have the installation disc of Windows 7 operating system. Bu i am facing issue in formatting Gateway DX4822 Desktop.

Re: Facing issue in formatting Gateway DX4822 Desktop

You are having the Gateway DX4822 Desktop computer which has the Windows 7 operating system and you want to reinstall the Windows 7 operating system by formatting the computer system but the problem is that you are not able to format the computer system. First of all lat me know you that you cannot format the operating system of any desktop or the laptop. You will need to have the operating system installation disc for formatting the operating system.

However you can format the hard driver partitions which are not having the operating system installed on it. You can format other partition except the C drive which is default for the system, So for formatting the c drive which has the operating system installed you will need to have the installation disc of the operating system. For formatting other drives on the hard drive of the system right click on the hard drive partition and select the format option.

I nstall the disc of the Windows 7 operating system in the DVD rom of your Gateway DX4822 Desktop and boot the system from the installation disc. After that follow the instruction properly. After that you will get the choice for the selection of the drive on which you are want to install the operating system. Select the drive (C drive is default) on which your previous operating system is installed and format that drive. After that continue with the installation.

If you are not able to boot the system from the Windows 7 operating system then the system is not set to the first boot device as the DVD Rom. So first go to the BIOS settings of the Gateway DX4822 Desktop and set the DVD Rom of the system as the first boot device. You can also boot from the disc by another method. Press F12 when system is rebooting. You will get the selection menu for the boot device. Select the DVD Rom drive and continue with the installation.