Thread: Improving DVD Play Speed of Plextor PX-708A

Improving DVD Play Speed of Plextor PX-708A

Hi,
    I have a Plextor PX-708A DVD RW in my system and I am using Windows XP. The problem is that my DVD play is very slow. If I insert a movie disc then after a long time the menu appear which allows to play the movie. Is there a way to increase the speed of the same process to much faster. Also states what does a combo drive can do and what are the different types of burners right now I can add up in my computer.

Re: Improving DVD Play Speed of Plextor PX-708A

It is possible to improve the DVD play speed of Plextor PX-708A. All you need is to do this simple trick. Remove any DVD out of your DVD RW. Then press the eject button at least for 3 seconds. The tray will come out and then insert your DVD. After doing this the speed used by the DVD drive is 12x as compare to 2x which is set default for the optical drive.

That's right after the operation, your DVD will play at full speed by the PX-708A. Indeed, instead of using the default speed (2x) defined by Plextor. The media will be read with a speed up to 12x in the best cases. This can be especially helpful when rip a DVD, a backup of it, etc. But the problem is that you have to perform this operation every time you want to play a DVD at full speed. This is not saved.

A combo drive is little special equipment in optical drive. It is made up of materials for hybrid between CD burner and DVD player. It has indeed the same functions as a CD recorder, namely CD playback and CD burning, but it can also read (and read only!) Media type DVD. With the advent of DVD recorders and their prices constantly revised downward, the combo CD / DVD do not really reason to be. We are still still in desktop and notebook PCs, entry-level for some manufacturers.

A Blu-ray supports reading and writing CDs and DVDs as well as reading and writing of Blu-ray. Note that a recordable Blu-ray is called BD-R and a rewritable disc called BD-RE. Such discs offer in its single-layer storage capacity of 25GB and 50GB capacity in its two layers. To read a BD-ROM drive or a burned BD requires of course a player / recorder or deck supporting the Blu-ray.

HD-DVD drives are much less common than Blu-ray. Please understand that support reading and writing CDs and DVDs as well as reading and writing HD-DVD disc with a capacity of 15GB for HD-DVD single layer and 30GB for HD-DVD Dual layers. Like Blu-ray, HD-DVD discs are compatible with players / recorders and turntables supporting the HD-DVD.