Thread: Samsung CLP-315 printer problems

Samsung CLP-315 printer problems

Hello there, I am facing a very weird problem with my Samsung CLP-315 printer which is connected to my desktop computer which is running on Windows XP operating system. The printer is connected to the computer using a USB cable. The problem is I am not able to print any documents using my printer. Sometimes the printer does not print at all and sometimes when the documents are printed, the print on it is barely visible. I am not sure what is causing the problem. So if anybody is facing similar Printing problems with samsung CLP-315 printer then please share some information.

Re: Samsung CLP-315 printer problems

I think the problem which you are facing is due to empty cartridge of the printer. If the cartridge of the printer is empty then the printer would not be able to print any documents properly. All the printed matter would be light. Hence remove the cartridges and check them. If the cartridges are empty, then get them refilled and then replace the cartridge back in the cartridge bank. After refilling the cartridges check if you are able to print properly or not.

Check the drivers for the printer if they are properly installed and working on the printer. All the devices which are connected to the computer require appropriate drivers to be installed on the computer to make the device work properly. If proper drivers are not installed then the device will not work properly. Drivers work as the mediator between the operating system and the device. To check if the drivers are installed and working properly, go to device manager and highlight the installed printer. If there are any caution signs, follow the troubleshooting procedure. If troubleshooting does not help then update the drivers and see if the printer works properly or not.

By looking at the problem it looks like the computer is not able to communicate with the printer properly. It can be because of the connecting wire between the computer and the printer. If the connecting wire between the printer and the computer is not proper, then proper communication will not take place. Check the connecting cable between the computer and the printer. Try and change the connecting cable and the port on which the printer is attached and see if you are able to print properly.

Remove the cartridges from there slots and check the connecting terminals of the cartridges. It is possible that the communicating terminals on the cartridges have gone bad and hence it is not able to print properly. Clean the connecting terminals on the cartridges with a clean cloth and then replace them back to their respective slots and then see if you are able to print properly or not. If the connecting terminals have gone bad then there is no other option than to replace the cartridges.

I would suggest you to get the printer checked by some professional technician as I think the printer could be faulty. I was also facing the same problems with my samsung printer. It would print on some random occasions and when it did print, the print on the paper would be barely visible. I tried to solve the problem by my own, but all in vain. Finally I got the printer checked by some technician and got confirmation that the printer is faulty. I got the printer replaced as it was under warranty, hence I would suggest you to do the same.