Thread: How to remove memory of HP Pavilion Laptop

How to remove memory of HP Pavilion Laptop

I am using a HP Pavilion Laptop. I want to upgrade and add some more ram in it as I want to use Windows 7 on it. The problem is that I had never opened it. My friend gave a me similar ram to fix that in. So I just need some basic steps that will it be possible to change ram from my side. I will try a bit and then see. What are the steps to change a ram of hp laptop.

Re: How to remove memory of HP Pavilion Laptop

The HP Pavilion line is a accepted preference for both home and business users, and numerous older Pavilion models are still going strong. As those units age, however, it is frequently supportive to add more RAM. Adding more RAM will help the computer run additional professionally and permit the programs on the laptop to load more faster. Memory for HP Pavilion notebooks is widely obtainable, both at computer shops and electronic retailers and at Internet memory resellers.

If you desire to modify on your own then first Power down the notebook, then after closing the lid and take away the AC power cord. Turn the notebook over and use the battery release lever to take away the battery. Take the battery out of the laptop and locate it to the side. There will be a small fastener on the bottom of the Pavilion notebook. Descending that fastener to the side will release the battery. After that you can open the case and then look for the memory slot.

I will advise you to visit your nearest service station before doing a replacement. Because if you open it and you not aware then you can destroy your system. Place a grounding strap on your wrist to protect the electronic components in your laptop from an accidental discharge of static electricity. Be sure to attach the clip on the grounding strap to the laptop.

I too have the same notebook. Just Keep the Pavilion notebook upside down and place it on a firm surface like a table or a desk. Use a small Phillips-head screwdriver to remove the twist or rotate from the memory module compartment. Remove the cover and set it aside. The memory module compartment is secured by four small screws. When you remove the screws and pull the cover up you will see the memory sticks inside.

If you remove the memory out of it the it better to locate an empty memory slot and carefully slide the new RAM module into place. Place the memory stick into the slot with the metal side down and slowly push it into place. Slide the module in at an angle and gently push on it until it snaps into place. Because if you left it that way you can damage that more.