Thread: Problems with Epson SX215 all in one printer

Problems with Epson SX215 all in one printer

Hello, I have recently purchased Epson Stylus SX 215 all in one printer which I connected to my computer which is running on Windows XP. The problem is not printer is not printing or scanning anything. Whenever I try to scan or print from the printer, it shows that it is ready to start the process but then nothing happens. I cant figure out what the problem is and hence need your assistance in solving the issue. The printer is connected to the computer using a USB connecting cord. So if anybody is facing the similar printing problem with Epson Stylus SX215 then please share some information which may help me in solving the issue.
    Last edited by Aislinn; 09-02-2010 at 07:57 AM.

Re: Problems with Epson SX215 all in one printer

I would suggest you to check the connection between the computer and the printer first. If any of the hardware connected to the computer is not working then always check the physical connections first. Check if the printer is connected to the computer properly. To be sure, remove the connection first and then connect the printer to the computer properly again. After connections are done, restart the printer and the computer. After the computer restarts, check if you are able to print from the printer.

All the devices and peripherals which are connected to the computer require appropriate drivers to be installed on the computer. Drivers work as the mediator between the device and the operating system. If proper drivers for the device are not installed then the device will not work properly. Hence check if proper drivers for the printer are installed and working properly. To check if the drivers are working properly, right click on My computer and then select manage. From the list populated, select device manager and then locate the Printer and scanner. If there are any caution signs, follow the troubleshooting procedure. If the troubleshooting does not help then try updating the drivers.

Try doing a Full power cycle and check if you are able to print using the printer. Sometimes the devices connected to the computer cannot be detected by the computer. Therefore to make the computer detect the device connected to it, you need to do a full power cycle. To perform a full power cycle, shut down the computer and turn of the printer. Remove all the connections existing between the computer and the printer. Redo the connections properly and then power on the computer first, once the computer starts completely then only power on the printer. See if the printer is detected by the computer. After this try printing from the printer.

Change the port on which the printer is connected. It is possible that the port on which the printer is connected is faulty and hence you are not able to print using the printer. If the USB port itself is faulty then the computer will not be able to communicated with the printer properly which may create problems which are similar to the one which you are facing. Try connecting some other device to the same port and see if the device works properly or not. Also try changing the connecting cord of the printer as it may be faulty. Check other devices also do not work properly on the port, then the port is faulty and you will have to replace the motherboard.

By looking at the problem, I think the printer is faulty and needs to be replaced. As the printer was detected by the operating system, appropriate drivers for the printers must be installed automatically. Hence driver conflict will not be reason for the printer not working. Connect the printer to some other computer and install the required drivers for it. Once the printer is installed on the computer, try to print using the printer. If the printer does not work on the other computer, then it is faulty and needs to be replaced.