Thread: ExpressCard in T-6208c Notebook

ExpressCard in T-6208c Notebook

hi
    i just purchased T-6208c notebook laptop.I have installed it windows xp operating system.In that system use 120 GB hard drive.I think express card is more useful than PC card,but i don't have much idea about that so any body tell me how do i install or remove express cad on my system as well as how do i use express card in my system,please tell me.

Re: ExpressCard in T-6208c Notebook

In T-6208c notebook laptop,it has a processor which is IntelĀ® Core 2 Duo processor T2370.In that system the hard drive is 120 GB 5400 RPM SATA hard drive as well as it has memory card reader which is 5-in-1 like Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro,Multimedia Card,Secure Digital and XD.Express card technology and pc card technology are totally different type of technology because the PC Card interface uses ISA-based 16-bit or PCI-based 32-bit but in other hand the express card interface uses high-speed PCI Express or USB 2.0 serial interfaces.Basically express card work like as interface which allow peripheral device to connect computer like printer,scanner or any other type of devices.

The Express Card standard are the replaces the PC card standards.The express card standard specifies two different type of form factors.One form factor which is Express Card/34 and another form factor which is Express Card/54,but the connector s the same on both of them.Memory, wireless communication cards,and wired that type of hard ware devices as well as security devices can be added by inserting these modules into the computer. The Express Card interface uses high-speed PCI Express or USB 2.0 serial interfaces.That type of interface use through a 26-contact high-performance beam-on-blade connector.But make sure that ExpressCard technology draws upon many of the features of existing PC Card technology like size,speed or any design part.

When you want to use express card then firstly insert this express card into the system,firstly push the express card firmly into the express card slot then label - side up.Until the outer edge of the card is flush with the side of your T-6208c notebook laptop.When you want to remove express card firstly click the Safely Remove Hardware icon Remove Hardware icon then click to select card name means express card name after that click stop or turn off the notebook laptop.Finally express card out of the notebook.Ensure that if the remove hardware icon does not appear on the task bar,then click the show hidden icons button Show Hidden Icons.

PCMCIA devices can be connected to an Express Card slot via an adapter.If your notebook supports hot-swapping then it doesn't need to restart T-6208c notebook laptop when changing most cards .Hot-swapping means that you can insert an Express Card while your notebook is running.In Express Card slot has been commonly included on high-end laptops like T-6208c notebook laptop.You also ensure that Express Card less necessary than the PC Card because some portable computers do not have an express card slot.