Thread: System Restoration CD on Drivers CD 20.1

System Restoration CD on Drivers CD 20.1

hi
    i am MCA student.I am using desktop computer.As well as i have installed windows vista operating system in that system.Actually i am worry about my data because if i get any virus or in case my hard drive will crash that time i want to store some CD data.A contain which work like a back up copy,i am using Drivers CD 20.1.So please help me what should i do?

Re: System Restoration CD on Drivers CD 20.1

The system Restoration CD on Drivers CD 20.1 work like a back up file because it contain back up copies of the hardware drivers and some gateway product like Drivers CD 20.1 supplied software programs that were originally installed on the desktop.The pictures you have taken,music you have downloaded and documents you have written may be difficult or expensive to recover.Your safety net is a system restore CD.You can use a system restore CD to perform both a destructive recovery, which deletes everything on the hard drive and restores the computer to its out-of-the-box state,or a nondestructive recovery,which leaves data and applications intact.

If you are using desktop computer then it's great thing for System Restoration CD for newer desktop computers,you would have received the following three or four CDs like operating system CD,gateway drivers CD or gateway applications CD as well as older desktop computers,you would have received either a System Restoration CD or a System Restoration Kit.If you want to make a system restore CD then firstly open the start menu then go to All program then accessories after that system tools and finally backup.Then click underline words for the advanced mode of wizard welcome screen, choose the Automated System Recovery Wizard.after that another Wizard will open.At this screen,click the "Next" button.After that insert the CD into your CD-burning drive,then Double-check the file path and make sure the computer correctly searches for the CD burner.Then click finish and the process of creating your restore CD.

A restore or recovery CD will come in very handy if you get a virus or if your hard drive crashes.Individual drivers can be downloaded from the Gateway Support Web site,due to the amount of information stored on the System Restoration CD's, it may not possible to download the entire CD.If a PC with Windows XP crashes, it is sometimes possible to boot the computer and restore it using a Windows XP restore CD.For older desktop computers,you would have received either a System Restoration CD or a System Restoration Kit.In that kit contain two CD like System Restoration CD and Application Restoration CD.

Depending on the availability of the System Restoration CD you need, Gateway may be able to provide backup media for your computer.If you used Gateway Profile 1.8, you would have received a single Profile Restoration CD. As well as for a Gateway Profile 2,you would have received two CD's like the Recovery CD and next one which is The Software Backup CD.If you get a virus or your hard drive will crash that time are store or recovery CD will come in very handy.