Thread: Help needed! not having firewire port in my desktop for connecting Handycam

Help needed! not having firewire port in my desktop for connecting Handycam

I am having the assembled computer system and this desktop is not having firewire for connecting the Handycam and other devices for the Video transfer. As this handycam records the videos on the MiniDV's so i can only transfer the videos on my desktop using the Firewire cable. BUt this desktop does not has that port. So what can i do for solving this issue of the firewire port in my desktop.

Re: Help needed! not having firewire port in my desktop for connecting Handycam

You are having the desktop which does not have the firewire port for connecting the handycam so that you can easily transfer the videos recorded on the MiniDV to the computer system very easily. So there is no other way to transfer the videos from the handycam to the desktop or the laptop. So i think you should search for the firewire to the USB cable. One end like firewire port and on the other side USB connector.

You can get the firewire card in the market easily and attach it on the motherboard of your computer system. The firewire cards are easily available in the market you can get it from any computer hardware shop. Attach it properly on the motherboard of your computer system. Install the software provided with this hardware in your computer system and reboot your system. Now firewire port is ready for the use.

The software for the video transferring for the DV of the handycam to the hard drive of the desktop computer is provided with the firewire hardware that you have purchased for attaching on the motherboard of your computer system. connect the handycam using the firewire cable to the firewire port. start the software and start recording on the hard drive of your desktop.

If you have not given any software with the firewire hardware for connecting and the recording the videos from the handycam then you will need to use the Windows movie maker software which comes inbuilt with all the operating systems of the Microsoft. You can find this in the Windows XP , Windows Vista and also in the Windows 7 operating system. Connect to this firewire hardware and record the videos from the MiniDV of the handycam to the hard drive of the computer system.

I will not advice you to add the new firewire hardware for connecting the handycam to the desktop using the firewire cable. Instead of attaching the firewire hardware on the motherboard of your desktop. Instead of this i will advice you to purchase the USB firewire port just like the Pen drive or else you can get the firewire Hub like the USB connector hubs. This will solve the issue that you are facing in connecting handycam and the desktop.