Thread: Hard Drive on LT21 Netbook Series

Hard Drive on LT21 Netbook Series

hi,
    i just purchased LT21 Net book Series laptop.I have installed it windows 7 operating system.Due to new purchasing laptop ,i don't have much information about that type of laptop,so any one tell me about hard drive on that particular system as well as tell me how do i installed or replaced the hard drive from LT21 Netbook Series laptop?

Re: Hard Drive on LT21 Netbook Series

In LT21 Netbook Series laptop,used windows 7 operating system and it use Intel Atom processor N450.In LT21 Netbook Series laptop hard drive is a 2.5" 9.5 mm and 160 or 250 GB hard disk drive.A hard disk drive is a storage device that stores digitally encoded data.A typical hard drive has two electric motors,one to spin the disks and one to position the read/write head assembly.Storage drive manufacturers measure storage drive capacity using the decimal system (base 10), so 1 gigabyte (GB) is calculated as 1,000,000,000 bytes but in Microsoft Windows Operating systems use the binary system (base 2) of measurement.In binary, 1GB is calculated as 1,073,741,824 bytes.A typical HDD design consists of a spindle that holds one or more flat circular disks called platters.

A hard disk drive,we also called it shortly as hard disk or hard drive or HDD.This device which can store the data on rapidly rotating rigid like hard pattern with magnetic surfaces.Modern HDDs prevent power interruptions or other malfunctions from landing its heads in the data zone by parking the heads either in a landing zone or by unloading (i.e., load/unload) the heads,you can also replace the hard drive on you r notebook like firstly slide and hold the battery release latch to the unlock position as well as remove the battery from the system.aftr that loose screw that hold the hard drive bay cover in place,then remove the hard drive bay cover.Then lift outside the drive ,after that remove screw from hard drive carrier and finally remove hard drive.

The hard drive in the computer,is work like all storage drives.Hard disk drive is the mechanism that reads and writes data on a hard disk.Many disk drives improve their performance through a technique called caching.The first HDD RAMAC and most early disk drives used complex mechanisms to load and unload the heads.There are several interface standards for passing data between a hard disk and a computer.The most common are IDE and SCSI. A typical hard drive has two electric motors,one to spin the disks and one to position the read/write head assembly.

The hard drive may be partitioned from the factory to include a factory restore option,or may be partitioned to create a separate drive for storage of personal data.The combined storage space of all partitions will indicate total available space.you can easily replace or installed new hard in system.You want to follow some steps like firstly slide and hold the battery release latch to the unlock position and after that remove the battery then loose three screw that hold the hard drive bay cover in place.Then ca rely remove the hard drive bay cover,pull the hard drive from its connector and after that lift it from bay.After that remove the screw from hard drive carrier,finally remove the hard drive from the carrier as well as you can follow same reverse step for installation.