Thread: How to boot from pendrive?

vitrag24 Guest

How to boot from pendrive?

Hello,
    I want to boot one dvd but my dvd drive isnt able to read any datadvds.
    i dont know y.
    it can read movie dvds..some times blank dvds too and if i write on those blank dvds and then insert in dvdrw drive, it doesnt read..it reads all cds though..

so i want to boot one dvd but as it isnt working, i copied dvd to pendrive and want to boot from pendrive..

how to do that?

i tried to change boot order in bios but it's not booting from pendrive..

or give me solution so that my dvd rw driv will read all dvds..

previously due to this problem,i've also replaced drive but it doesnt solve problem and so HP guys told it's OS problem.
    If i'll format my and reinstall OS, it'll work.

My notebook : HP notebook dv6226tx, windoes vista home premium

Re: How to boot from pendrive?

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"

better check ur RAM for any defects. replace ram with working onece. and boot via dvd rom. i dont know i will work or not but nothing will happen to ur lap by doing like this.///////////////////////////////. have a try

Hello, I think you are not able to set your Dvd Drive as First boot device. If you open your BIOS setup and then if you set your First boot device as Dvd Drive then you will able to boot from the DVD. As your Hard Drive is in first boot device and Dvd drive in the second boot device option you are not able to boot it. So, just simply set your Dvd drive in the First boot device place and solve your problem. And yes if your motherboard is providing the facility for the Boot From The Removable Media then only you will able to boot from the pendrive. So, just test these all option in your BIOS Boot Device Priority Tab and solve your problem.

You can very easily boot your computer system or the laptop that just like the you easily boot from the bootable CD or the bootable DVDs. You are having the HP notebook dv6226tx which is having the Windows Vista Home Premium operating system. Are you trying to boot OS from the pen drive or some normal software from this pen drive. If you are trying to boot the OS from the pen drive then you will need to copy the bootable image file of the OS in pen drive and you will need to set the first boot device as the pen drive in your computer system. You can change the boot settings from the BIOS. And if you want to install the software from the pen drive then insert the pen drive and browse the pen drive and install the software from the pen drive.

vitrag24 Guest

Thanks.
    my problem solved.
    Last edited by rupesh; 03-02-2010 at 11:25 PM. Reason: External Link Removed