Thread: HP LaserJet 4P Error 13 paper jam

HP LaserJet 4P Error 13 paper jam

Hi,

I have an HP LaserJet 4P, tells me an Error 13 paper jam without taking the paper from the tray, I have reviewed the paper jam sensor at the back and position of the roller in the form of "D" but I could solve the problem .... Thanks for the help

Re: HP LaserJet 4P Error 13 paper jam

Try printing one page using the back door open and get out of the tray fall back down to the printed page comes out successfully with open hindfin the paper jams at the top due to the failure of rollers higher output. However, if the paper jams in the fuser with the tailgate closed than it is fuser issue in that case you need to replace the fuser while replacing 20 tooth gear near the fuser.

I your getting the Error 13, Open the rear door of the printer. There is a paper sensor near the top right corner of the assembly of fusion (just below the right edge of the warning label long yellow fuser that can cause a paper jam error messages even when there is no paper jam in the printer. On the thin black plastic lever up and down to ensure that non-sticky or tacky. The lever must be in the down position before closing the back of the printer. If the lever is stuck or missing, the printer will generate a false paper jam message. I hope that helps you!

Exit jams are frequently caused by exit sensors. These sensors are typically mounted on the Fuser Assembly or adjacent to it. They are plastic arms that block and unblock an optical sensor. The arms can become trapped or fall out of place when removing paper jams. Optical sensors can also mess blocking the photo cell. Clean the sensor and check the free movement and proper installation of the sensor arms.

You need to check 2 things : First would be the sensor and flag in the fuser. If enabled, but does not send a signal that has the printer will stop and think there is a jam. The second and I am inclined sensor registration is on the left side below the toner in cutting the metal plate. What may be happening is that the sensor flag can be stuck in the down position and when the paper does not pass immediately increase the printer again and things are a jam has occurred and stops the paper path. It could also be the same sensor found in a meeting with another sensor unit connected to the IPU.

I had a similar problem with a LJ4, although I had no problems with manual feed of paper. The problem was to pick up the paper tray. The page is still moving about 1 / 2 "up to 1 1 / 2" at times. It proved to be a guide to role off the track. You have to look from underneath the printer with the tray removed. It runs the width of the printer. It is 1 "wide IIRC. This may be your problem. If so, then, you have to bend in the middle so you can get both sides to perform adequately.