Thread: Trust 150 Portable Webcam not working in Windows 7

Trust 150 Portable Webcam not working in Windows 7

Hi, I have a Trust 150 Portable Webcam which I bought about 6 months back. I was using Windows Vista on my computer and the Webcam was working fine. Recently I upgraded the operating system on my computer to Windows 7 and after few days the Web cam stopped working. Now whenever I try to initialize the Webcam, it shows that it is opening but it does not. So if anybody knows why Trust 150 Portable Webcam is not working in Windows 7 then please share some information. Can operating system upgrade create problems like this?

Re: Trust 150 Portable Webcam not working in Windows 7

It is possible that the Web cam which you are using has gone bad. The expected life of the portable Web cams is about 3 to 6 months. Hence the camera has stopped working. The only solution to your problem is to replace the Web cam. If the web cam is under warranty then take it to the dealer and get it replaced. Before taking the camera for a replace, connect the Web cam to the some other computer which is running on Windows Xp or vista and check if it works. If it does not work then replacing is only option left.

Windows 7 has lot of compatibility issues with lot of manufacturers of the peripherals. Due to this incompatibility issue, no updated drivers for the devices are available for the Windows 7 operating system. If there are no proper drivers available then the device associated to it will not work properly. I think you are in same situation as the cam used to work well in Windows Vista. Try and find the appropriate drivers for the Web cam which are supported in Windows 7 and then install them on the system. Once appropriate drivers are installed you will not face the same problem.

As the camera stopped working suddenly, it can be because of operating system corruption. Windows operating system are very prone to Virus attacks. If any virus infects the files of the operating system then various problems related to the operating system rise. One of which is device detection. If the files related to the Web cam are infected then the Web cam will either not work properly or will not get detected. Hence scan the system with an updated antivirus and check the infected files. Repair or quarantine the infected files and then install the drivers of the Web cam again. If there is no physical problem to the web cam then it will work.

Try changing the USB port on which the Web cam is connected. It is possible that the port on which the web cam is connected is faulty and hence the web cam is not getting detected. Connect the web cam to the USB ports which are directly connected to the motherboard and not the ports on the cabinet. Also check if the drivers of the USB adapters are installed and working properly. Try to uninstall the drivers and then install them again on the computer and then see if the web cam gets detected on the computer or not. You can also try to update the drivers of the USB adapter if required.