Thread: NF-S12B fan for overclokcing

NF-S12B fan for overclokcing

Hi,
    To play my game I frequently overclock my processor. Everytime I had noticed a steep fall in the fans performance after overclocking. I had downloaded a software which guides me about the fan's performance. This puts my Intel processor on a risk. I found NF-S12B fan for the same purpose. Before buying it I want an overview of the same especially in the matter for overclocking

Re: NF-S12B fan for overclokcing

The NF-S12B provides an improved design of the NF-S12, original model with straight blades, which in 2006 had made about him in the world of PC cooling noise quickly becoming a benchmark with its ratio of air flow / Exceptional noise. Built on the basis of the turbine-known NF-S12, the NF-S12B responds to a desire to improve the ratio of air flow noise and the static pressure level of its predecessor to broaden its scope .

Reduce shrinkage at the ends of blades extending these permits to increase the area and improve both airflow and static pressure. Such an approach has nevertheless a tendency to increase the noise level reflect a critical interaction between the rotor and stator. With a Noctua NF-S12B, solved this problem by increasing the size of the blade on one side only and creating a wedge structure (Bevelled Blade Tips).

At a speed of 1200rpm, the NF-S12B FLX provides a gain of 18% of air flow and 14% of additional static pressure compared to its predecessor at 1,300 rpm. Reducing the operating speed of 100 rpm allowing the NF-S12B to be at the same time,a quieter. At a speed of 700rpm, the NF-S12B ULN has offered a 13% gain in airflow and 16% of additional static pressure compared to its predecessor. Despite such a dramatic jump performance, the NF-S12B remains as silent as the NF-S12!

In contrast, Noctua opts for a dual approach through a series of S12 and P12 fans that achieve optimized performance for specific applications. Thus, while the NF-S12B has been optimized to obtain the best ratio airflow / noise as possible ideal for use on enclosures, the NF-P12 is for him the ideal companion for processor heat sink and other applications high impedance because it is capable of generating a high airflow and static pressure that impressive. The diagram below illustrates the difference between this approach and traditional solutions rather versatile:

The NF-S12B generates less static pressure, it ensures a better ratio airflow / noise. It is perfectly adapted to the case fan or any other application not requiring a static but rather a high noise level Lowest possible. The NF-P12 provides for him a better ratio of pressure to noise and thus constitutes a solution of choice for applications that require high static pressure, such as cooling processors.