Thread: What does a SSD lacks

What does a SSD lacks

Hi,
    I am planning to buy a Samsung external ssd drive. But the issue is that in my place no one is ready to spend some extra amount on the same. As the drive is costly the working and performance is not yet calculation. I want to know what a SSD lacks. What are the things which are not added in it. And I want to create a Raid O partition using a SSD. What is means.

Re: What does a SSD lacks

The best advantages of a SSD is that it has a performance upward, access times, direct access to information and not to the next round of the plateau as a conventional HDD and the best part no mechanical wear because no moving parts. Low on voice and file fragmentation does not affect performance. So you can get more in it.

The bad part of a SSD is tht number of write cycles is limited which is about 1 million times for good cell. It has high price and low storage space. The platform used it is still under testing. RAID 0 is a technique of combining two hard drives. Associated with two disks, half of the data is written to one, the other half on another. Thus, in theory, the speed of reads and writes are doubled. The size of hard disks is stored instead of having two drives of 160GB each, you will get a single 320GB.

Plus you add disks to RAID 0, more data are cut, and all is fast. However, if one disk fails, data located on other disks are unusable (since there is only one part). The Super Talent ULTRADRIVE GX (ME) comes from the fifth generation of SSD trademark. Moved the performances is rather high for a disc of this range. This is the cheapest SSD in our comparison.

G. Skill, Taiwanese company, was recently recognized for its products including memory arrays in value very interesting. The SSD is only flash memory, may have thought that the G. Skill Falcon is an interesting model. Specifications are close to Super Talent, but the performances seem announced write back.

Samsung, famous brand in the world of mechanical hard drives, launches into the DSS and provides with the PB22-J model are first MLC. This model has the peculiarity of having a cache of 128MB. OCZ Vertex Series, this SSD OCZ Vertex was the first model with 64 MB cache to compensate for the weaknesses of the MLC technology. Note that the SSD is guaranteed 3 years, 2 years against most of the time.