Thread: Does PCI express determine graphic speed

Does PCI express determine graphic speed

I want to know does the PCI express is responsible for the speed of graphic card which is inserted on the motherboard. I yes then how. Because I have computer with 256 gpu card support. I am using windows 7. the graphic outplay is not so good in my case. I think the PCI slot on the board might be deffective.

Re: Does PCI express determine graphic speed

The power and speed of computer components has increased at a stable or fixed rate since desktop computers were first developed decades ago. Software makers generate new submissions capable of utilizing the latest advances in processor speed and hard drive capability, while hardware makers rush to progress components and design new technologies to keep up with the demands of high-end software.

There's one component, however, that often escapes notice - the bus. Fundamentally, a bus is a channel or path between the elements in a computer. Having a high-speed bus is as important as in sequence having a good transmission in a car. If you have a 700-horsepower engine collective with a cheap transmission, you cannot get all that power to the road. There are many different types of buses.

The idea of a bus is uncomplicated it lets you attach elements to the computer's processor. Some of the elements that you might want to attach contain hard disks, memory, sound systems, video systems and so on. For example, to see what your computer is doing, you generally use a CRT or LCD screen. You need extraordinary hardware to drive the screen, so the screen is driven by a graphics card. A graphics card is a small printed circuit board designed to plug into the bus. PCI express determine graphic speed.

The graphics card talks to the processor using the computer's bus as a announcement conduit. The benefit of a bus is that it makes parts more interchangeable. If you want to get a better graphics card, you basically unplug the old card from the bus and plug in a new one. If you want two monitors on your computer, you plug two graphics cards into the bus. And so on.