Thread: Intel modem chipset driver

Intel modem chipset driver

How does I can find the Intel modem chipset driver. This is a issue in my computer and the operating system I am using Windows XP. What are the steps to be taken if I am not able to connect my modem or my line drop frequently. Does the modem is gone bad or it is dial up networking issue. Is there a way to upgrade it. Does modem jumper settings have something to do in it.

Re: Intel modem chipset driver

Orientation drivers for this Intel modem chipset driver are not obtainable for end-users and are for use by OEM developers only. To get hold of drivers for your modem please contact your modem manufacturer or point of sale. OEM developers looking for these drivers should contact their Intel ambassador. You can search on the official site of Intel for more and better information and you will get it in sequence.

This invention has reached End of Life. Intel will not present XP or any other new drivers for this product. Please try updating your modem driver. Also, you may need to improve your firmware for V.90 or V.92 speeds through your modem manufacturer. Upgrading from V.90 to V.92 necessitate a firmware change. These are available only from the manufacturer of your modem.

After installing a new driver, you will require to add a new correlation by using the Make a New Connection in Dial-up Networking, and select your modem. Your old Dial-up Networking correlation is linked to the old drivers. Contact the modem or structure manufacturer, Operating System vendor, or Internet provider for further assistance.

You may necessitate to bring up to date your drivers. Connecting at V.90 speeds also depends on your phone line circumstances. Make sure your phone lines are capable of connecting at V.90 speeds. Contact your local phone company to conclude what connection speeds they guarantee for your phone lines.

The following is the generic jumper arrangement for our orientation design used by some modem manufacturers. This may or may not match your modem. If it does not match, you need to contact your modem manufacturer. The in it string that you need depends on your submission. The list below contains examples of common in it strings and settings used for some submissions. If these strings do not work, you will need to contact the provider of the submission to see what type of setup is required.