Thread: Mystery BSOD

sad Mystery BSOD

Hey everyone,

A while back (December) I started getting occasional blue screens, these often happened when playing Call of Duty and so I assumed I was pushing my graphics card (NVidia GeForce 8500GT) to its limit, it also happened once when using Cubase 5, not so sure why on this though, although screen is in animation when playing a track though I suppose.

Something in my system then affected the firmware in my Maxtor hard drive and BIOS and Windows couldn't see the drive, which I now know is due to the hard drive locking up to protect itself, but at the time, people thought it had completely corrupted.

So, we bought a new Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB hard drive. I also got an XFX GeForce 9600GT graphics card for Christmas along with an M-Audio Fast Track audio interface... so basically hard drive, graphics card AND sound card had all been replaced. I also switched from XP to Windows 7.

After using this set-up successfully for a couple of weeks, including playing MW2 on high graphics, blue screens started happening again, but not while playing games, usually they happen while using Cubase 5 or watching a video of some sort.

I've made sure to turn off the computer for long periods whenever I can to let it cool down, but it hasn't helped. They're getting more frequent and only just now I was simply browsing facebook (no music playing, no animation) and it happened.

I don't know much about blue screens. I know each time it happens, it performs a memory dump and the message is often "IRQL_IS _LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL_TO" or something. I have 4GB of Kingston RAM in the computer and the processor is AMD Athlon X2 64.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Mystery BSOD

its a long list, so u can browse for urself
    Last edited by Rameez.J; 29-01-2010 at 12:05 AM. Reason: External Links Removed. Read Forum Rules.

Quote Originally Posted by sid0972 View Post

its a long list, so u can browse for urself
    Problem is that my computer automatically restarts after a few seconds of bluescreening, I don't have time to note down the details.

ok mate, wait till i ckeck it out

Thanks Sid. I can try and go through the computer management route, but I wouldn't know what's needed and how to make use of it.

Things you can try are

1) Load ur fail safe BIOS (BIOS with default settings)

2) Go to My computer->properties->hardware->device manager
    check if any driver is not properly installed, re-install it again

3) restart ur pc, keep pressing F8, then select last known good configuration

4) my opinion, go format it
    Last edited by sid0972; 29-01-2010 at 12:31 AM.