Thread: USB Ports not working of Dell GX270 desktop

USB Ports not working of Dell GX270 desktop

I am having the Dell GX270 desktop computer system. This is the four year old computer system and the problem which i am facing with this desktop is that the front USB Ports of Dell GX270 desktop computer system is not working. Where as all the rear USB Ports are working properly without any problems. What can cause this type of the problem? Provide me the appropriate solution for this problem.

Re: USB Ports not working of Dell GX270 desktop

You are having the Dell computer system and the front USB port of this Dell desktop computer system is not working. I think this Dell computer system has eight USB ports 6 in the back and two in the front. The front two USB ports are not working of this Dell desktop computer system. There can be many reason for this type of the issue for not working of the USB Ports. The very first reason that can cause this problem is the connection of the USB Port to the motherboard.

This type of the USB Ports problems come with the Driver software issue. Download and install the proper driver software for the USB Ports of your Dell computer system. I f you are using the Operating system Windows XP and higher then it is not necessary to install the driver software for the USB Ports but if not working then you can try to fix it using the USB Driver softwares for your computer system.

Remove the connection of the front USB Ports of your Dell desktop computer system from the motherboard and reconnect the front USB Ports to the motherboard of your computer system properly by cleaning them. It may be possible that there is connection problem in the USB Port and the motherboard of the Dell GX270 desktop. If this was the connection issue then it will be resolve by the reconnection of the front USB ports to the motherboard of the computer system.

If the front USB Ports of your DELL GX270 desktop is not working properly then it is possible that the front USB Ports are disconnected or they are disabled from the device manager of your computer system. First check for the connection issue. If the connection is proper then go to the device manager and select this USB Ports from the list. After this right click on this USB Ports and select the Enable device option. After that the front USB Ports of your Dell GX270 desktop will start working properly.

If this front USB Ports of the Dell GX270 desktop are not working after applying all the above mentioned solutions then i think the USB Ports are physically damaged. Either you can replace them or go for repairing. But i will recommend you to purchase the external USB Port HUB for your computer system. This are less expensive then repairing or replacing the internal USB Ports of the computer systems. So purchase and attach to one of the back USB Ports of your Dell Desktop computer system.