Thread: How do I use an ExpressCard in the Gateway T-6345U notebook

How do I use an ExpressCard in the Gateway T-6345U notebook

hi
    i just purchased gateway T-6345U notebook which is powered by Intel Pentium dual-core T3400.It has a 14.1'' WXGA wide screen that is comfortable to the eyes.It has 2GB DDR2 memory.The 250 GB hard drive.I have installed window xp in my system.Actually i want to know about express card technology.Is that different from pc card technology.Can you tell me how do i use an express card technology in gateway T-6345U notebook.can anyone tell me?

Re: How do I use an ExpressCard in the Gateway T-6345U notebook

The Gateway T-6345U laptop has a 14.1" WXGA wide screen that is comfortable to the eyes.It has card slot 1 Express Card,It has some other communication function like modem, LAN ,WLAN.Express card is work like an interface to allow peripheral devices to connected to a computer.When you want to use express card then firstly push the card into the express card slot ,take label side up until the outer edge of the card is flush with the side of your notebook.When you want to remove the express card then click the remove hardware icon and lastly pull the express card outside the notebook.

The express card technology and the pc card technology are different from each other.The pc card interface uses either an ISA-based 16-bit or PCI-based 32-bit parallel interface through a 68-contact pin-and-socket connector but in express card interface uses high-speed PCI express or USB2.0 serial interface through a 26-contact beam-on-blade connector.Express card modules are roughly half the size and lighter than pc card as well as express card module require less power than pc card.Hardware device like memory ,wired,wireless communication cards and security device added by inserting these modules into computer.There are two types of express card module available one is 34 mm wide and another one 54 mm.You do not need to restart your notebook when you change the card because your notebook supports hot-swapping.When you want connect this notebook that time simply push the card to express card slot and check until the outer edge of the card is flush with the side of your notebook.

The express card standard deliver faster,lighter,thinner modular expansion to computer users.Hardware devices like memory,wired,wireless communication and other security devices can also added by inserting that module.There are 34 mm wide and 54mm express card available but T-6345U notebook accept 54 mm express card.You need just hot-swapping for the communicate with laptop.When you used in notebook that time firstly push that card into the express slot card,label side-up until the edge of the express card is flush with the side of your notebook .The connection has made and whenever you want remove that card then select express card name and then turn off the notebook and finally pull out side from the notebook.

Actually express card technology has made on base of existing pc card technology.It also balances size,utility,reliability,durability and another main features which is plug-n-play and auto-configuration.The card interface uses either an ISA-based 16-bit or PCI-based 32-bit parallel interface and express card interface uses high-speed PCI-express or USB 2.0 serial interface.