Thread: How to improve speed of a hard drive

How to improve speed of a hard drive

Hi,
    I had observed a slow speed in working of my computer. I takes more than a normal time to copy or move data from one drive to another. How to increase the speed of same. I am using Windows Vista with 512 MB of RAM. I have a Seagate 250Gb hard drive. And second thing I need some solution on using Sandra Sisoftware for analyzing my computers heath.

Re: How to improve speed of a hard drive

You can give a good boost to your hard drive but at the expense of security of writing. This must therefore work in a stable environment, possibly protected by UPS. Run Control panel > Device Manager > Disk Drives. Right-click on the drive to accelerate and click Properties. Then open the Policies tab and check the three following options. First is to Optimize for better performance. Second is to enable write caching on disk. And the last one is to enable advanced performance.

SiSoftware Sandra Lite has an analysis function of the configuration that provides advice and warnings to optimize your setup and tune the components of your PC. Some recommendations may make the system unstable. Remember to save your data and note the original values that Sandra invites you to edit. This can make your system unstable in case of any fatal fault.

Sandra is a convenient way to get a full system report, with practical tips for improving your computer or its configuration. Run the software and then open the Tools tab. Now double-click the icon Analysis and Advice. A wizard opens. Click four times on Next to accept the default settings and then click on the icon of validation. Analysis of your PC will boot and displayed in real time in a window in a report.

The Sandra software takes around 15 minute to analyze your system. When the scan is complete, Sandra displays the message The advisory report was generated on top of the report window and the message Analysis and Advice, Completed successfully at the end of the report. Especially, do not close this window now! Use the elevator to go vertical at the beginning of the analysis report and study the information.

The analysis report includes a variety of topics like Overview, Motherboard, System, Processor, Display, Devices, Applications Fundamental Operating System Services and drivers, etc. Some of these entries are accompanied by icons Record, Board or Alert. A record is a comment line that allows Sandra to tell you that the information returned may be inaccurate or has been able to analyze this or that element.