Thread: Logitech C905 webcam not working in Compaq Desktop

Logitech C905 webcam not working in Compaq Desktop

I am having the Compaq desktop computer system. This system is working properly but there is one problem that i am facing with this computer system is that the Logitech C905 webcam is not working in this computer system. But the same webcam is working in the laptop of my fried. I am not able to understand the issue. So at the end i will say that Logitech C905 webcam not working in Compaq Desktop. What can be the possible reasons for this problem?

Re: Logitech C905 webcam not working in Compaq Desktop

You are having the Logitech C905 webcam which is of 2 megapixel lens. This is one of the finest webcam in the market today. And this webcam is not working in the compaq desktop that you are having then there can be some problem with the installation of this webcam in your computer system. I will recommend you to reinstall this webcam in your computer system. This will fix the problem of the Logitech C905 webcam in your computer system.

Try the reinstallation of the Logitech C905 webcam in your computer system and restart the system and if the webcam does not work after this then this can be the driver software issue with the operating system that you are using in your computer system. You have to install the driver software compatible with the operating system that you are using in your Compaq computer system. How ever you have not mentioned that which operating system that you are using in your desktop computer system.

I am also having the same kind of the issue. I am having the windows vista operating system and the laptop on which this webcam is working properly has the Windows 7 operating system. Sorry for not mentioning the details about the operating system that i am using in my compaq desktop computer system. This Logitech webcam is not working with the Windows Vista operating system and working properly with the Windows 7 operating system. What can be the problem of getting this problem.

It is possible that you have installed the some other operating systems driver software in your desktop which has the Windows Vista operating system. So you will again have to install the driver software for the Logitech C905 webcam for the Windows Vista operating system. But first remove old driver software that you have installed in your compaq desktop computer system. Installing the proper driver software with the Windows Vista operating system this issue will be resolved. You can get the driver from the official website of the Logitech.

System requirements for installing the Logitech C905 webcam in Windows Vista (32-bit or 64-bit)

* 1 GHz (2.0 GHz recommended)
    * 512 MB RAM or more
    * 200 MB hard drive space
    * CD-ROM drive
    * OS-compatible sound card and speakers
    * Hi-Speed Certified USB 2.0 recommended