Thread: How is Thermalright XP-90C Heatsink for overclocking

How is Thermalright XP-90C Heatsink for overclocking

Hi,
    I had found Thermalright XP-90C heatsink on the internet. It is termed as one of the best cooling system for performing overvclocking. I need some details on it. What is the difference between this heat sink and other. How it is better. I will too like to introduce this in my computer. As i perform overclocking while playing games. So this can help me to remain more comfortable.

Re: How is Thermalright XP-90C Heatsink for overclocking

Thermalright is manufactured in aluminum, but would go further and get this new version of XP-90 but made entirely of copper,called XP-90c for all users so demanding in terms of temperatures that do not want to get into the world of cooling liquid or re not entering your motherboard the XP-120 for being so great. With the sensor on the motherboard, the OS booted, without
    doing any work for 1 hour and monitoring the temperature with Smartguardian.

Since copper is better heat conductor than aluminum so the heat dissipates faster and performs better than the XP90 aluminum, or so we hope. The Thermalright XP-90C Heatsink is built to give you excellent performance in protecting the system from heat. The arrangement of fins is quite central with the heatpipes on the sides and among them the fins that will address the heat dissipation that bring them the heatpipes from the base.

For the heatpipes sides have virtually fins to dissipate, if these pieces of the larger side fins dissipation capacity may increase but then, this area would not be covered by the flow of air from the fan so it would not be much profit.The heatpipes are responsible for transporting heat energy from one point to another tube. In the case of XP-90C Heatpipe raise the heat to between 5 and 7 cm from the copper base.

Emerging from the base greater than the flippers of the end of the heatpipes to help dissipation and not leave all the work to the heatpipes.Polishing of the copper base is enough quality, with a smooth and without imperfections in the metal. The weight is 690g, almost double the XP-90 Aluminum weighing 360g. Nor is it an excessive burden for a heatsink of this kind, coolers from other manufacturers offering weight exceeding 900g results similar to that provided by the XP-90c.

The heatsink has excellent performance for its size, I have an overclocked processor and some very overheating with moderate temperatures and the fan almost inaudible. Highly recommended for users who want high overclock computers, not to exploit otherwise sink full potential. The standard framework installation is easy and safe, so that the weight of the cooler will not be a problem.