Thread: Performance of Corsair DOMINATOR XMP DDR3 RAM

Performance of Corsair DOMINATOR XMP DDR3 RAM

Hi,
    I need some information on Corsair DOMINATOR XMP RAM. I need to buy one for my computer. I think my computer hard ware configuration will fit the basic need of this new high performance RAM. I have Intel Quad core processor with 2 GB DDR3 RAM and a wide screen monitor. My motto here was to create a gaming pc. Now my RAM has burned out due to overclocking. I heard about this RAM and need details on the same.

Re: Performance of Corsair DOMINATOR XMP DDR3 RAM

Corsair has indeed ladle Intel XMP Certification for its Dominator modules for use with the latest Core i7 860/870 on socket LGA 1156. This certification ensures that the Dominator modules will allow your CPU to its maximum. These kits, two kit Dominator GT dual channel, 8 and 4GB both clocked at 1600Mhz for timing of 8-8-8-24 with a voltage of 1.65V.

The RAM type is DDR3-1600 XMP. The RAM comes in 2GB stick with CL8 latency. The architecture of the RAM is 240pin DIMM. Indeed, Corsair makes a selection and rigorous testing on all components to keep only the best for the DOMINATOR modules. According to me the RAM is best fitted for server level work, graphic designing and gaming.

Iti s the latest Dominator memory kits have received dual channel DDR3 Intel XMP certified for use with quad-core processors LGA 1156 Core i7 860 and 870. XMP Accreditation means that the kits of 4 and 8 GB Dominator Dominator and GT respectively, can be used to get the most out of CPUs. Working at 1600MHz with 8-8-8-24 timing at 1.65V, the kits of 4 and 8GB Dominator XMP.

By now, most users know that 2Gb of RAM is a minimum for the system regardless of platform type. Corsair has announced that its kit (2x3GB) memory 2000MHz Dominator GT CAS 8 have passed the Intel XMP-Ready certification for multiple platforms processors Core i7 Extreme Edition. For the more demanding in terms of speed and performance the kit (2x3GB) Dominator 2000MHz CAS GT 8 (TR3X6G2000C8GTF) could be a great option.

Lately the requirements of both programs and operating systems have increased for what is necessary in order to leave a larger amount and enjoy some respite experience much more comfortable on the computer. Corsair on two memory modules (1Gb each) of his best series Dominator also previously deployed in the XMS2 series DDR2 with-9136 at the rate of 1142Mhz that brought such good results.

Corsair uses the Dual Path (double sink) to cool both the PCB and memory chips of high quality. This time, the thickness of sinks is wider than its DDR2 version providing better cooling due to high operating frequencies (and in case of overclocking). With air cooling through three small 40mm fans, are sufficient to provide significantly greater efficiency temperature down when working to the fullest.