Thread: Canon Printer cannot work in Snow Leopard OS X

Canon Printer cannot work in Snow Leopard OS X

Hi,
    I have moved my office printer to my home. It is a photo scanner printer of Canon. I have a MACbook. When I connected the printer it shows that it is installing but later on everything seems stop working. I think the printer is not compatible with the operating system. The canon printer is not working in MAC. What to do here.

Re: Canon Printer cannot work in Snow Leopard OS X

Printing does not pose any major problem in OS X. Almost all printers (except some very rare models) work perfectly under the UNIX system from Apple. All you need is a proper printer software and driver to run any type of photo scanner printer on it. The new updates will help you to troubleshoot this issue.

SNOW LEOPARD OS X by default installs a large number of printer drivers. If you go through the menu Customize during the installation phase SNOW LEOPARD, however you can not install all the drivers and select only those that interest you. Indeed, no need to install drivers for HP or Lexmark printer, if you have a Canon printer

If there are more, or not yet compatible driver OS X Snow Leopard on the site of the manufacturer (Epson etc) for your printer model, do not panic, SNOW LEOPARD installs the latest driver open-source Gutenprint who manages a large number of printers, allowing you to use your printer without a hitch under 10.6 (though some features will not be available).

For a number of printers managed by Gutenprint, it is possible to access the supply levels, i.e show the level of ink cartridges for your printer. Fortunately, there is the solution InkLevel. You can go for the list of compatible printer on internet. Then choose which one to get. This will also help you to check the cartridge level information after when printer works.

GutenPrint also knows as Gimp-Print is a set of a free printer drivers. This is used usually with the Unix Spooling system. They are like cups, lpr and lprng. This are some drivers which are giving printing service in Linux, MAC OS X and windows. It was developed as a plugin for Gimp but later on that same is used by many programs.