Thread: USB Midi Cable Problem for Windows XP- I have not found a solution so far

USB Midi Cable Problem for Windows XP- I have not found a solution so far

I have a problem that has been unsolved so far, and I need a solution in the next week or so! This is urgent! And it's a long story because it has several stuff that might help you solve the problem.

OK. I bought a USB Midi cable from Amazon:
    It comes with no instructions, no Label (such as Korg, yamaha, etc.)
    I read mostly good reviews on it, and i thought it would work with my Reason 4 on my Windows XP Laptop.
    It didn't.
    I have a Yamaha Cvp-92 keyboard. it was made around 1997.
    I plugged in the midi ins and outs to their respectful places, then i plugged in the usb cable. it was installing when it suddenly came to a box that said that it was "digitally unsigned". i ignored the box and went on.

Nothing happened when i used reason. I switched the ins and outs of the midi cables, still nothing happened.

I cannot fix the problem. I looked up quite a lot of stuff on the internet and it is quite hard to get help when your usb midi cable has no label. So I found out it is not my keyboard that is the problem, it is the cable.

Is it an issue with the sound card? Or something else?

Somebody please help me! (quickly)

thank you

USB Midi Cable Problem for Windows XP- I have not found a solution so far

You need to swap the plug the "In" into the "Out" and vise versa. It comes with instructions specially says to do that,so check it out. You can also find freeware piano keyboard software such as Anvil Studio on the internet. It will help you to this issue. Best of luck.

Re: USB Midi Cable Problem for Windows XP- I have not found a solution so far

Hello there, it seems that the problem is with the USB Midi Cable itself. Since, you have bought the cable recently, I suggest you that you should go back to the dealer and replace it. This will probably solve the problem. If still you are not able to connect it, then the problem is with the USB port. Then, you will have to do something about the port.

you may have made the same mistake i did, i have bought the EXACT same cable from amazon, as strange as it may seem the cable labled 'IN' goes into the 'OUT' port on the keyboard and the one labeled 'OUT' goes in the 'IN' port, hopw this helps

I think there will not be any problem regarding the hardware which you have bought from the amazon because generally it does not happens that new hardware does not works. I would suggest you to try the same USB cable with some other desktop computer or laptop. By doing this you can confirm that your cable does not have any faults if it runs perfectly on some other system.

Hi,
    Have you check the hardware with the other computer around you, if not then first check with the computer around you. I guess how you did not get a manual for it. Almost every vendor provides a manual for the hardware.

Hi all,

Even I have a USB MIDI cable. I have desktop with XP OS. I connected my USB Midi cable to my KORG N264 keyboard (as you told like Cable's IN to OUT of keyboard and vice cersa). Am using FL studio software. Am able to play my keyboard from that software. But vice versa is not happening. ie I need to play that software tones from my Keyboard. Its happening but not properly.
    If i play one note from my keyboard, It is playing that software's tone continously (ie holded for ever). If I press that note (Keyboard's note) again then only it releases the key (Software's tone). I tried in many way but its not happening. Any body who knows about this. Could you please help me...

Thanks in Advance...

@Kumarmusic - - - I had exactly the same problem as you - it plays the tone continuously, and sometime does not even respond. The model I bought looks exactly like yours - Made in China. I tried everything, fortunately I got my money refunded from the shop I bought it. Something has to be done, these people are making all kinds of crap and sell it to the world, becoming richer and richer - on top of that, it is probably a fake product, they just make a samll box device, put some diode lights on it and that's it - sell it to the world - absolutely no quality or verifications done. Was a waist of time for me, I returned it to the shop twice, thinking maybe the one sold to me was defective, but it was not. All of them are crap.

Maybe this works for control midi keyboards only. unless this is a crap product, I don't think it will work properly with other professional keyboards. i use a yamaha keyboard + also a Roland. Same problem. try to get a conventional midi keyboard controller and try the cables.