Thread: How to Configure a joystick with Windows

How to Configure a joystick with Windows

Hey guys, I am sorry if i am posting this in the wrong section but i need some urgent help from you all guys.. We had bought a new Joystick to play games on our Windows XP but before that we don't have any idea to make it prepare for the same. I mean, could you guy please make me know how can i Configure the joystick with Windows ? Please help me soon. Thanks ..

Re: How to Configure a joystick with Windows

Before configuring the joystick with your windows system you need a appropriate software that can allow it to use the joystick as a mouse and controller as a remote. For the same, i will suggest you to go with Xpadder. Xpadder simulates the keyboard and mouse using your gamepad. It Supports up to 16 controllers at the same time and allows you to play PC games with poor or no gamepad support. You can also add gamepad support to emulated, internet and DOS games and use a gamepad with a browser or any Windows program.

Download Xpadder

Thats correct. I also configured my Joystick using Xpadder on my windows system. Configuration using Xpadder is really very simple. Here is how to do that:-
    • Once installed, just check that the joystick is plugged in and recognized by the pc.
    • Tap the icon handle in the top left of the newly opened window.
    • Now go to the tab image and click on "open" and choose the image on your controller if it is available
    • Then go to tab "Stick". Check the box "enabled" for the stick 1 and 2 and do the requested operation.
    • Go to the tab "Dpad" and repeat the above steps.
    • Now go to the tab "buttons" and press all the buttons available on your controller
    • You will notice the presence of small squares that happens when you press a button on your controller. Place them in order not to lose you afterward.
    • Switch to the tab "Trigger" and same as the joystick, select "enabled" and do the procedures.
    • Go to the tab "finish" and click "close"
    • To configure a button click, a keyboard appears so.
    • You may have noticed the presence of key next to the joystick: This configuration pre-installed.
    • Click and press "arows mouse" to control the mouse with the joystick.

Save and when your controller is connected, configuration is effective.

Hey, thats great tutorial mate. Thanks for sharing the same. I was also in search of this from last couple of days and got here. But there is some problem with my system. When i am trying to install Xpadder on my windows system, it just get freeze and nothing happens. Do you have any idea about this problem ? Or is there any substitute for Xpadder ? Help appreciated.

As a substitue of Xpadder, what i can suggest you the best is JoyToKey. It is a keyboard emulator for joystick and has the ability of multiple configuration files that allows you to make many configuration files and choose it at any time. It converts joystick input into keyboard input (and mouse input). Use it when you want to control an application with joysticks that doesn't support joystick input. If you wish, you can control even Word, Excel, etc. with joysticks!

Download JoyToKey