Thread: Digital Speakers : Altec Lansing ADA890THX

Digital Speakers : Altec Lansing ADA890THX

Hi, I have the Altec lansing ADA890THX Certified 4.1 channel speakers and i also have the X-Fi soundcard. It starts when suddenly it stops producing sounds. The power LED of this subwoofer is indicating green that means there is power in the unit. It reads STEREO, STEREO X2, QUAD, PROLOGIC depends on your sound setup. It reads DOLBY DIGITAL HD but with no sound. Then I unplugged the wire that is connected it to the X-Fi soundcard and I plugged it onto my MP3 player And Even if It still detect the DOLBY DIGITAL HD with no sound. Can anyone help me to solve my problem?

Ada890thx

It's good to see that still there are a few users here who uses the ADA885/890 series of speakers. i suggest you to try the following:
    1. Press the diagnostic button which is on the ADA sub box, the speakers should plays a tone. If you hear the tone that means the your ADA unit is working properly.
    2. You can also check your cables etc that are connected to the pc.
    Have you set your sound card up to out put something that the ADA cant decode it?

Digital Speakers

I am glad to see that you are still using the Altec Lansing ADA890 Computer Speakers. This Altec Lansing ADA890 THX Speaker System is wonderful set of speakers for those people who can't accept less than that of THX certified equipment. This gives you the experience of clean, clear, crispy and balanced Audio reproduction with punchy and tight bass. I think you have to look at the device manager first for if there is any yellow or red marks. The event viewer might have a related error too.

Digital THX

Thanks for giving me wonderful suggestions. According to your suggestion I tried connecting the speakers to my MP3 player to test it but it still does not produce any sound. So I had opened the sub woofer casing just to lookout inside if there is any short circuit somewhere or not. Do you think that the sub woofer is the unit controlling the decoding function? But after opening the casing suddenly my speakers start producing the sound. Thanks!