Thread: Sony vaio mouse cursor issues under Windows 7

Sony vaio mouse cursor issues under Windows 7

Hi. I have purchased a Sony vaio laptop recently and it was been installed with Windows Vista. I used it for quite few days and then upgraded the system to Windows 7. I didn't use my laptop for 2-3 days as there was some renovation into my house. The problem now is that I discovered that the mouse cursor or the touch cursor is not able to move. It stays as it is. Why is this happening. Please help me out.

Re: Sony vaio mouse cursor issues under Windows 7

As you said that your house was under renovation and you didn't use use your laptop for few days it may be that some dust particles may have been sticked to the keys or the system. You should clean it up by blowing well or using a blowpipe for the same. This would relevantly help you in cleaning the dust particles if there exists. So check out for the same.

An operating system may not basically have to do much with it. It is basically the problem with the touchpad. It may be that the touchpad may have some problems been appended to it and that would have resulted in the same. So you need to check out for the issue by taking or contacting the manufacturer. It hasn't been long since you have purchased the device so it may be under warranty. This should sort your problem.

Whenever you upgrade your system try to check for the drivers that is been installed in the system has to be updated as well. It is very much necessary and essential for the device that if it is been installed with operating system like Windows 7 it needs to upgraded with latest drivers that is been provided. This may help you in making the device to function properly. So try it out.

To find out whether the issue is generally associated with the operating system you can try type run the application under normal services. You need to go to the stat menu and click it. then in the search box type msconfig and hit enter. After it is been done you then need to Hide all Microsoft services under selective tab. Disable the services and then restart the system. This is basically a clean boot.

It may be that the fn + f7 keys may be pressed accidentally. This results in making the touchpad to lock and hence it may result in such problems. The keys are meant o disable and enable the touchpad of the system device. Now press the key as mentioned and then restart the system, Look out for the conclusion thereafter. This may result good.