Thread: Getting productassistant.msi error during HP printer installation.

Getting productassistant.msi error during HP printer installation.

Hi,
    Recently I buy HP printer and scanner, it will worked fine, after a month I format my computer because of virus problem and then I installed windows vista operating system but the problem is when I try to install my HP printer that time I get productassistant.msi error during HP printer installation with HP Software CD, this error occur when I install the HP drivers using HP cd. Can anyone help me to solve this problem?
    Last edited by Macadrian; 18-01-2010 at 05:33 PM.

Re: Getting productassistant.msi error during HP printer installation.

I give you better solution for that because I also face this problem, doesn’t worry it’s not big issue this problem occurs when your setup not able to find any particular file and then you have to face this problem. for solving this problem you have to follow this steps
    • Insert HP installation disk in CD drive.
    • If cd will start the autorun setup then stop the setup
    • Right click on the cd drive then click on Explorer
    • Then open setup folder
    • Then here you find these particular files which will not copied during the installation.
    • Eg. if you get the productassistant.msi error then find this file and installed or this is system file then just copy past this file in HP folder which is in c:\program file folder.

I think this is HP CD problem and because of this you face this problem this problem occur when your installation notable find any particular file during the installation and I think this file goes corrupted in CD, and because of this installation not able to find this file for recovering this file you have to download the file from HP official site they provide free software and drivers to his product, and for solving this problem you have to use this solution.

This problem occur when some registry files are not cleaned during the formatting and for that you have to face this problem, if you have to solved this problem them you have to use Microsoft's cleanup tool to clean the msi registry entries. If you don’t have this tools then download from the Microsoft official site this is free software. And I think after the msi registry entries cleaning you able to solve your problem.

Use following steps for installing HP printer
    Connect your printer and switched on the printer
    1. Open Windows Control Panel .
    o Windows Vista: On the Windows taskbar, click the Windows icon and then click Control Panel The Control Panel window opens.
    2. Open the list of installed programs and remove the software.
    o Windows Vista: Click Programs . In the list of installed programs, click the HP product, and then click Uninstall .
    3. Then restart the computer then again install the HP software
    4. And Follow the on-screen instructions to complete installation of software.
    5. Again restart the computer
    I think this solution will help you to solve this problem.

johnhennary Guest

The HP CD solution above is still effective however it does not fully remove the root cause of the problem which are registry keys pointing to an invalid drive. Before I continue I would like to inform everybody that the next steps involves editing registry keys.