Thread: How to merge ACERDATA D: with C: drive

How to merge ACERDATA D: with C: drive

I have recently migrated from compaq laptop to an acer Since i was facing a lot of problem with my compaq laptop. But in my acer laptop there is a partition present known as ACERDATA D: . I feel that this is not a good idea because out of the 80 GB hard disk Only 60 GB is available for use. So please tell me How to merge ACERDATA D: with C: drive so that i can use all of the hard disk.
    Last edited by Peasants; 18-01-2010 at 05:35 PM.

Re: How to merge ACERDATA D: with C: drive

Firstly before implementing on this problem i would like to gather some more information on this matter. You have not mentioned that whether the two partition of which you are talking about are of the same type or are of different that is are both the partition are FAT 32 partition or NTFS or one is NTFS and one is FAT 32.

I suspect that you cannot merge these two partition because you cannot merge the partition that are of different types. Also the partition which you have mentioned is a recovery partition and i think that you will need this partition for repairing or restoring your system. So according to me merging these partition is not a good idea.

hello friends thanks for replying me!!! As you all have suggested and asked some more information regarding this matter in order that you all can implement on this problem. FYI i have checked both these partition in the device manager both these partition are in FAT 32 file format. please help me pertaining to this matter asap.

hello I have also faced the similar issue in the past and hence i tried to use old partition magic and it could not solve my problem. I achieved it in another way i resized the small 40 GB hard disk so that i could get some more space for C: the C: drive. Use acer utility or Ghost or Macrium Reflex and with the help of it create your restored disk.

I think that you might solve this issue by making use of the Easeus Partition Master to delete the ACERDATA D: and then try to use the unused space in order to enlarge the C: drive. After that you can convert C: drive to NTFS file format. I think that this will definitely going to solve your problem. All the best

Quote Originally Posted by Peasants View Post
    I have recently migrated from compaq laptop to an acer Since i was facing a lot of problem with my compaq laptop. But in my acer laptop there is a partition present known as ACERDATA D: . I feel that this is not a good idea because out of the 80 GB hard disk Only 60 GB is available for use. So please tell me How to merge ACERDATA D: with C: drive so that i can use all of the hard disk.
    You can use EASEUS PARTITION MASTER to merge the ACERDATA D: to the ACER C: . I did it and it worked perfectly. I have now one C: drive only and no problems with a "full" C: drive. When you use EASEUS for the first time don't forget to click on "APPLY" when you have made your choices. The operation takes some time if you don't delete the hidden files on ACERDATA D: , but you'll have a good working computer.