Thread: web cam/USB port problems

web cam/USB port problems

I can't remember where I started this thread. How do you find threads that you started in here? Isn't there a way to find them? Anyway here goes again: Four months ago computer crashed, got puter back with Avast instead of formerly having AVG. Printer worked off the external port, but webcam no longer would. Someone in here told me how to uninstall Avast and then install AVG. Meanwhile I found two more USB ports hanging off some wires inside puter. I plugged in my cam and voila! It worked! Two weeks later now it doesn't work but printer does work! What gives? Every so often when I plug cam into USB port the green indicator light will flicker for a microsecond. I'm stumped!

Re: web cam/USB port problems

I think USB port connection is loose or not wiring is not proper. You can check whether a printer is installed properly or manually update printer drivers by opening Printers in Control Panel. You can open Device Manager as follows: Click the Start button , Click Control Panel, click System and Maintenance, and then click Device Manager. Type the password or confirmation if prompted for an administrator password or confirmation. In Device Manager the device you want to update and double-click the name of the device. Click the Driver tab, click Update Driver and then follow the instructions.