Thread: Computer power is on but Keyboard, mouse and speaker not work.

Computer power is on but Keyboard, mouse and speaker not work.

Hi,
    I am in trouble, my computer went down for some reason but I don’t know why. When I try reboot the computer it will restart again without giving me any error message, but when it’ll start that time I was shocked my computers none of the external components work. Keyboard, mouse and speaker are stop working but computer boot properly, I saw the power supply Power is on but Keyboard, mouse and speaker not work, but they are not giving any response. Does anyone know the reason and suggest me some solution for that.

Re: Computer power is on but Keyboard, mouse and speaker not work.

Use following standard steps
    • shutdown your computer
    • Remove all the power cords
    • Then remove the memory (RAM) then start computer and listen for beeps.
    • Then turn off the power and remove all PCI cards, and external usb devices. Disconnect keyboard and mouse
    • Then clean your RAM using eraser, sometime carbon comes on memory chip and because of that RAM slot notable to read the RAM, for removing this carbon clean your RAM using eraser
    • Then connect all the external devices
    • And start the computer and see, all peripherals are working properly.
    I think using these steps you able to solve your problem.

I think this is a computer problem I mean this is your system drivers problem, I think your system goes crash and because of this your all the external devices are not able to give any response, if you give the power supply but your all the hardware needs drivers support but your system is crashed and because of this your all the peripherals not able to connect your computer. for solving this problem you have to installed new operating system in your hard disk and for that you have to give your hard disk in your hard disk customer care they will give new hard disk or new Operating System loaded hard disk. And this hard disk connect your computer and check your all the external peripherals are properly giving response.

I think for solving this problem you have to check whether your computer RAM, Motherboard, PCI cards and processors are working properly or not, for that you have to go through the following steps.
    • First thing try to remove it and place it in another memory slot or removed and start computer and check it will start giving beeps. That means your RAM and Motherboard are working properly.
    • If placing the memory card in another slot does not work then you have to replace it, I think because of that you have to face this problem.
    • Then remove your PCI cards and then start your computer and see if your all the peripherals are perfectly working or not if it’s working properly then you got the solution you have to replace your PCI card.
    • Now it times to check the processor for that you have to remove the CPU Cooler fan and Then turn on the PC. And place your finger on the processor for 2 seconds, that time you should find the processor heating up. Then turn it off, it mean processor work properly.

No need to give your hard disk to service center because if suppose your system goes crashed then tell me how your computer boot properly, if system crashed then never your computer boot, for solving this problem you have to remove your CMOS battery from your computer motherboard then wait for few minutes and then connect all the peripherals, and I sure after that your computers all the peripherals work properly.