Thread: Process to repair Apple Laptop Keyboard

Process to repair Apple Laptop Keyboard

Hi,
    My keyboard in Apple Macbook Pro is not working well. What is the process to repair the same. First give me the solutions to use the same with the drivers and other updates. Then I will go for the hardware part. The problem happened when I drop some water on the keyboard. But only after drying up the entire thing I startup the system and it works well for some time. But later on the problem started. Thanks in advance.

Re: Process to repair Apple Laptop Keyboard

The keyboard of Apple Macbook pro is a compact one. It is shipped with the original MAC laptops. So you can imaging that if you are not good in computers then there is now way of working on it with your own hand. You can best send that to the nearest service center and get it replaced. They can fix the same in much better way.

You can do one thing here. Clean the laptop keyboard with a dry cloth or alcohol to drive the moisture out. It is possible that the water has damaged the critical electronic parts inside it. You have disassemble the entire piece and then only you can access the front keyboard. So this needs some good knowledge on hardware part.

The keyboard is fixed on the upper part with tiny hex screws. You need proper tools to fix them out. So if you have that then just unscrew the lower part and then remove the keyboard smoothly. You have to check that the connection must be removed properly and otherwise you can break some cable. Usually it is not a easy task to do this. You will need some assistance for this.

One thing is possible to do here. Remove the keys from the board and then clear the below area. After that insert them back again. You can tilt the upper keys a little to get them out. But take care you must not break the below hinges. Then it will become hard to fix them or also this will need a replacement. Due to moisture it is possible that your keyboard might have lost connection with the system

First see the manual settings for the keyboard. Then if still this does not work then I will recommend you to switch to a usb keyboard. Because it is not possible for everyone to replace the keyboard with your own hand. DIY is bit difficult here. The same happened to me when I dropped a coffee cup on that. After cleaning everything still there was moisture on it. Now I am using a USB keyboard on it.