Thread: Connecting DVD drive to Sony Netbook

Connecting DVD drive to Sony Netbook

Hello. I have a desktop machine and a Sony netbook. The thing is I want to connect my netbook with the Dvd drive of my desktop machine. I wanted to know whether it is possible to be done. Please help me out so that I can transfer the data from the drive to my netbook and can also burn the disc. Thank you.

Re: Connecting DVD drive to Sony Netbook

Well I do not think it is quite possible to connect the dvd drive of your desktop machine to the netbook. Infact it would be much more better if you could use a portable device in order to transfer the data from the DVD drive to the netbook. You can use a pen drive to copy the data and then transfer it to the netbook. This should work well for you so that there would not be much of problem.

You can make a network that is through wireless process. It would not require any sort of cables in order to get connected to the device. You need to follow certain things and aspects. they are as follows:

a) Install a network protocol.
    b) The workgroup name on both machines should be same.
    c) Make sure the user name are also the same.
    d) Now you have to enable the file sharing process.
    e) Now keep the files and folder for sharing.

There is a possibility of using a ethernet cable in order to get the things connected to the device. You have to see that the drive should have port and can then be extended to connect via cable. Also you need to configure the machines in order to get the things to work accordingly. The dvd drive can then be used as a device from your netbook. Check out. This should work for you.

The portable drive that is the dvd drive can be connected to the netbook and then you can perform the things in order to make the things to work under your favor. There is another alternative that you can do to connect the drive with the netbook by IDE connector extension to convertable cord that could be connected to the netbook. This can also be an alternative to the query.

An external enclosure should help you out in making the things to work. This is basically a portable drive that could be connected to the netbook using a USB cord through which it would detect the device that is been attached and install the necessary files for the same. You need to check out for the same so that it would be very much efficient to use and to perform the case.