Thread: Not able to erase the RW DVD using the LG DVD Drive

Not able to erase the RW DVD using the LG DVD Drive

I am having the LG DVD Drive installed in the computer system and trying to burn on the RW DVD using this DVD Drive of the computer system. This RW DVD already has the data on it. So i want to remove the Data stored on it. So for that i am using the Nero Burning software for erasing the Data on the RW DVD that i am using. The process completes in the Nero but after that when i try to burn on this disc using Nero the error message comes that the media is not blank. There is problem in erasing the RW DVD using the LG DVD Drive.

Re: Not able to erase the RW DVD using the LG DVD Drive

You are not able to Write the data on the RW DVD using the LG DVD Drive. May be you are getting the error called as write error. This is because there is the data present on this DVD from before. If you will try to write the data again on the existing data this will does not happen. To do this first you have to erase this Rewritable DVD that you are using. After that you will be able to burn the data on this Rewritable DVD Disc.

For erasing the Data from the Rewritable DVD that you are using for the Data burning and getting the error, Insert this DVD in the DVD Drive open the DVD from the My computer. After that go to the tools option and select the Erase the Disc option or else you will get the Option on the left hand side of the windows for erasing the disc. Select this option and after that you will be able to erase the data stored on the rewritable DVD Disc.

First of all make sure the Disc is Rewritable and there is no damage on the DVD Disc that you want to erase. If the disc has the lots of scratches on it then there can be problem in erasing the Disc because the DVD drive will not be able to read it properly. As the result the Disc will not be erased properly. So first clean the disc properly before inserting it in the DVD Drive. After that may be it is able to erase the disc.

You are using the Nero Software for the burning CDs/DVDs in your computer system. The erasing task is completed by the software but media shown as not blank when you try to burn on this DVD. So this can be the problem of the Software itself. Re installation of the Nero software may fix this problem properly. First remove the nero software from the control panel of the system properly. Install the software again and reboot the system.

It is also possible that the Lens of this LG DVD Drive is damaged other than the software error. May be the dust is on the DVD drive lens. Try to clean the lens of the LG DVD drive using the Lens cleaning disc. You can get this kit in the market very easily. This will clean the lens of the LG DVD and you will be able to erase the DVD disc. If not solved by this the Drive is totally damaged and you need to replace this drive.