Thread: Caps lock not working

Caps lock not working

Hi,
    I have a laptop and I have a problem with the caps lock key when I activate it I can not type the numbers, it does not work. By cons it writes well capitalized. What is this, is it a behaviour of the operating system, I am using ubuntu. Or my keyboard is out of order. Help on this please.

Re: Caps lock not working

Hi,
    It is not a problem: it is normal behavior in unix (linux and mac), after searching in the doc I'm sure the handling is good but if it bit you reassure me it only works with laptops and I was never upset or at least I remember it was already over. I means to say that I think this type of behavior of the operating system is just in laptops and not in desktop computers.

Hello,
    This is not a bug, it's functionality: allowing to obtain uppercase. If you have a laptop without numeric keypad, you must have a button that allows you to activate a "virtual keypad" which (to me anyway) is superimposed on the keys. I do not think it's practical in all situations ... may be that it is configurable but I never really tried.

Hello,
    Thank you for your quick answers, So, is there a way around this normal? That is can we change the behavior of the operating system regarding the keyboard. Even i do not think this is a bug, this might be for some special reasons that I may do not know. Do you guys have any more ideas no this, any kind of suggestion or advice regarding this topic will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hello,
    By cons for shots of virtual keypad then, I know I have it and I know how to turn on my two machines but frankly I've never used because it is not so convenient and worse than that, when I find myself on a standard keyboard, it forgets the party pad but I confess, I am not an accountant, because the beginning of my studies counted. I ended up buying one (and even two from elsewhere: the first Seeing me loose) good but ultimately it's the same.

Hello,
    by cons for shots of virtual keypad then ...
    I know I have and I know how to turn on my two machines
    but frankly I've never used because it is not so convenient
    It was just to propose an alternative. It can be handy when you take only numbers, but must have good light because blue on black background is not great.
    and worse than that, when I find myself on a standard keyboard, it forgets the party pad
    Same thing I used to use for the figures. And it relaxed the fingers without removing my right hand mouse, little finger and left thumb on Shift to type a zero.