Thread: Dual layer burner problem of Sony DVD RAM Drive

Dual layer burner problem of Sony DVD RAM Drive

I am having the Sony DVD burner drive which supports the Dual layer burning of DVDs. The model number of this DVD Rom i dont know. I am very sorry for this. This is mentioned on the Sony DVD rom itself that it supports the Dual layer DVD burning. But i am not able to burn the dual layer DVDs using this Sony DVD burner.I dont know what is the problem in Dual layer burning of Sony DVD RAM Drive of my computer system. How can i resolve this issue?

Re: Dual layer burner problem of Sony DVD RAM Drive

You are having problem in burning the dual layer blank DVDs using the SONY Sony DVD RAM Drive of your computer system. Where as this drive supports the Dual layer burning of DVDs. For this first of all make sure that you are using the Dual layer DVD. the dual layer DVD has the space of 8.5GB and single layer has the space of the 4.7 GB. Make sure you are using the 8.5 GB blank DVD. If not then buy the 8.5 GB blank DVD. This will solve this burning issue of the dual layer DVDs.

Make sure this Sony DVD drive supports the dual layer DVD burning. If this Drive has the DVD-R DL written on it then only it can support the dual layer DVDs. Otherwise you will not be able to burn anything on the dual layer DVDs. If you are having the same drive as mentioned above then this can be the settings issue of the software that you are using. Check the settings and select the recording media as the Dual layer DVD for the burning purpose.

If the SONY DVD drive and the settings for this DVD drive is also proper for burning the dual layer DVDs in your computer system then this can be the problem of the the software that you are using for the burning of the CD/DVDs. I will suggest you to reinstall the software again in the computer by removing it from the add or remove programs from the control panel of the computer system. after the installation of the software reboot the computer system once. After this you will be able to burn the dual layer DVDs using this drive.

This types of problem occurs more frequently. However you have not mentioned the exact problem that you are getting with this DVD drive of the Sony. First of all check the DVD disc. If it is Rewritable Dual layer DVD Disc then you will not be able to write anything on this DVD using the Sony DVD RAM Drive because this drive does not supports the Rewritable DL DVDs (DL DVD-RW). If you are using this disc then change it to the DL DVD only which is of the 8.5GB storage space.

I think this is the issue of the operating system of the computer system or your computer is running so many processes by which the system is not able to provide the required memory for carrying out the Dual layer burning process. So close the processes that you are not using from the task manager of the computer system. If this also does not works for you then you have only one option left for you. Reinstall the operating system in your computer system. This will surely resolve this problem.