Thread: Unable to see my new DVD drive in BIOS boot screen options?

sad Unable to see my new DVD drive in BIOS boot screen options?

I bought a new Sony DVD writer(SATA). I already have a SATA Hard disk connected to my motherboard.
    When I connected DVD drive its showing in initial screen(i.e Scan devices... Serial_Ch_Master0: Sony DVD writer xxxxx
    Serial_Ch_Master1: STxxxxxxxx)
    where STxxxxxxx is my hard disk.

But in BIOS screen, I am not able to see my new DVD writer in BOOT options. But I am able to see the drive contents after logging into Windows XP. I am able to read any DVD drive from the new drive I connected thro SATA.

For my SATA hard disk drive during windows installation it asks to - Press F6 if you need to install a 3rd party device.... or somethink like that. I press F6 and provide the Floppy provided to me(VIA SATA RAID Driver) written over it, which is a driver for recognizing my hard disk.
    So I guess for my DVD driver too this same problem of providing some drivers is needed? So can I use the same driver floppy that is given for HDD? But when can I provide the driver because for HDD I use to provide during windows installation. Please help me.

Re: Unable to see my new DVD drive in BIOS boot screen options?

Go in Boot Options: Boot Device Priority, then Submenu: Boot Device Priority, Determine the order in which device to boot from them. If everything is running, select the first boot drive, the hard drive and put the other two options to Disabled. However, if you want to boot from one or more other devices, then select the first and put the hard drive to the end. Under Option: CDROM Drives, select Submenu: Boot Device Priority
    If it has been selected as the boot drive, CD-ROM/DVD drive (see option "Boot Device Priority"), you choose the device from the first drive. Then try your windows installation.

Quote Originally Posted by WMBrown View Post
    Go in Boot Options: Boot Device Priority, then Submenu: Boot Device Priority, Determine the order in which device to boot from them. If everything is running, select the first boot drive, the hard drive and put the other two options to Disabled. However, if you want to boot from one or more other devices, then select the first and put the hard drive to the end. Under Option: CDROM Drives, select Submenu: Boot Device Priority
    If it has been selected as the boot drive, CD-ROM/DVD drive (see option "Boot Device Priority"), you choose the device from the first drive. Then try your windows installation.
    No the problem is my new DVD drive is not at all displayed under boot options. But I can see the following in boot options...floppy drive, BBS-0: SATA hard disk, BBS-1: Ethernet controller. But unable to see my DVD drive(SATA).
    Last edited by gopikrish; 11-01-2010 at 04:35 PM.

Its working now!!! The problem was BBS-0 was my hard disk and BBS-1 was RealTek Ethernet controller I guess. And I didnt knew this was the one pointing to my DVD drive. So I was struggling. Now I got it Thanks everyone.