Thread: How to Connect Digital Camera to Computer

How to Connect Digital Camera to Computer

Hello everyone!

I have digital camera canon a470, When I connect my digital camera to my computer (mac) using usb, it do not appear on the desktop. I have used before and there was no problem, what could have happened?. Is there any other way to Connect Digital Camera to Computer. Thank you!

Re: How to Connect Digital Camera to Computer

you might have damaged the usb cable or port of entry. It is difficult to answer without having the stuff before, but well, I think reinstall the program that came with your camera. Also think if you made any changes to the computer recently, or check into the device manager. If do not know, then call mac support.

In principle, your computer should have at least recognize the camera as a storage device. Make sure that if you connect another device such as a USB stick, on the same port, it recognizes and can work with that device. If not recognized, you have a problem with your computer, and if it recognizes the problem is either in the camera or on cable. If the problem is on your computer, try other ports, if not try another cable or test the camera on another computer, for example a PC running Windows XP. I suppose also that the Mac will have something like Windows Explorer, see if you recognized but not displayed on the desktop.

Do not worry about any digital camera because they are not always good to be used as PC cam. Digital Camera's will not always connect , but you can do two things to try until you take it going to start, control panel, scanners and cameras or try and get the programs that come for these cameras, which are somewhat similar to those of the cell.

Try the following steps, to Connect Digital Camera to Computer :

1. To connect a digital camera:
    2. Turn off the camera and plug the cable B to the USB port of the camera.
    3. A Connect the computer's USB port.
    4. Turn the camera.

IMPORTANT: Verify that the camera is set in the correct mode for importing photos. For information on how to choose, see the instructions supplied with the camera. If your camera has a sleep mode, verify that you are disabled or set to a time interval sufficiently large to allow images are downloaded.

To physically connect the camera to the pc :

1-A cable that connects one side to the camera, and the other end to a PC via USB.

2-If you use digital camera with external memory card you can get the card (we recommend doing so if possible) and read independently card using a card reader or a USB adapter, and do as described below .

To move photos from our digital camera to your PC to make sure we have, or install it if you do not have it, the package gPhoto2: is the tool to download and manipulate images from digital cameras. Supports the PTP protocol, the one used by most cameras to transfer photos to PC. Supports now 600 different camera models and connections via USB or serial port. It works from console, but we can install the GUI program called gtkam: the graphical interface for gPhoto2. Makes downloading images. It can open, delete, save, view thumbnails of the photos, and select only those which you want to move.