Thread: How to do firmware update for UTSTARCOM WA3002G4

How to do firmware update for UTSTARCOM WA3002G4

Hello friends, I am having the B.S.N.L modem and want to do the firmware upgrade for UTSTARCOM WA3002G4. I have never did the firmware update before and so have not much idea regarding this so I am posting this over here so that someone over here can give me some suggestion for this. I hope that I will get quick replies on this. Thank you so much for reading and replying to this post in advance.

Re: How to do firmware update for UTSTARCOM WA3002G4

You have not mentioned that why do you require to do the firmware upgrade. Is it just because new version of that available or are you having any problem with the port forwarding. If you are not having any problem with the existing firmware then I don’t think that there is any need to do the update. So my suggestion to you is not to do that is the existing version is doing well.

I have some other problem with the UTSTARCOM WA3002G4. I was trying to do the update through dna-a211-i firmware from the semindia website. There was no problem with the update but now I am not able to access any of the settings for the modem. I have also configured the tcp/ip settings. Sorry for not starting a new thread as I thought this is the correct place to get the answer for this. Please help me.

Have you logged in as the admin? If not then please login as the admin and try to do changes to those settings. If you have already logged in as admin and then also you are getting this problem then my suggestion to you is to change the password of your account and then restart your computer. Now try to login as the admin again with the changed password. I don’t know the logic behind that but this can help you.

Are you able to connect to the internet and all the surf? I cannot understand that what you wish to achieve by updating the firmware. If you are having any problem with that and it is on rent then my suggestion to you is to exchange it at BSNL. You can contact to the BSNL tech section and they will replace that. This is the best thing that I can suggest you and problem will be resolved.

According to me, you will have to reset the router to factory settings. This will set all the settings to its default value and you will be out of the problem. If you see then you will find that there is one small round access point on the bottom. You can make use of the ball pen refill and press microswitch for 20 to 30 seconds but make sure that the power is on in that. After doing that you will b able to access the modem settings.