Thread: USB Port not working of the HP Pavilion A6610IN Desktop

USB Port not working of the HP Pavilion A6610IN Desktop

I am having the HP Pavilion A6610IN Desktop and there is the problem with the USB ports of this HP Desktop. There is four USB ports in this desktop system. Two in the front and two in the back. The problem is that the back USB ports are not working of HP Pavilion A6610IN Desktop. I am having the USB mouse and keyboard. I used to connect both these at the back USB ports of the desktop but now i am using the front ports. The biggest problem arises when i want to connect some other devices to this computer system like printer , pen drives and external hard drives. So how can i deal with this issue of the USB port of HP Pavilion A6610IN Desktop?

Re: USB Port not working of the HP Pavilion A6610IN Desktop

The Back USB ports are not working of the HP Pavilion A6610IN Desktop that you have at your place. While the front USB ports are working of this desktop computer. May be this can be issue related to the drivers for the USB ports of your computer system. Go to the Device manager and right click on the USB ports and select the "Update Driver Software" option from the list. This will solve the issue if it is related to the driver softwares.

First of all make sure that all the USB ports are enabled of this HP Pavilion A6610IN Desktop computer. If you don't know how to check this then do the following things which i am mentioning here carefully. First go to the device manager. you can go to the device manager by right clicking on the my computer and after that select the manage option. Now select the device manager. check the list of the hardwares of the computer system and select the USB's Right click on all the USB hardwares and select the enable option. Now the USB port will start working if this is the problem of the Disabled USB ports.

You are now using the front USB ports for connecting the Keyboard and the mouse. Because you have the USB keyboard and Mouse. There is the small rounded connection ports are available at the back side of the CPU which is green and violet in the color. You are having the USB Mouse and Keyboard so you need to buy the extension connector for this two for connecting this to the ports available at the back side of the CPU. You can get this connectors easily from any computer accessory shops.

If the USB Ports are enabled and the driver is also installed and all the settings are proper for the USB ports in your computer system then the USB port is totally not working. There is no way to repair the USB ports if they are damaged. Once just check the connection of the USB Ports to the motherboard may be the connection is loose or it may be not connected. The thing is that you need to change the USB ports of the system.

You can buy the USB Hub to deal with this problem. Connect the USB Hub to the computer system. You can get the 4,5,6 and much USB ports in the USB HUB. Connect this to any one USB Port of the system which is working. Now you will have as many as USB Ports available for connecting the printer, pen drives and other devices to this computer system without any problem. You can easily get the USB Hubs in the market and the biggest plus point is that they are not much costlier.