Thread: Installing PSX joypad on windows 7

Installing PSX joypad on windows 7

Hi,

I have connect my PSX joypad to my window 7 pc. Then problem is that Windows 7 does not recognize the connected device PSX joypad and does not install the drivers for it from the device manager. The drivers work correctly on 32 bit systems (Vista and XP). How do I Install PSX joypad on windows 7??

Re: Installing PSX joypad on windows 7

In fact the devices connected to this port is not plug and play. I suggest you go to "Control Panel\All Items Control Panel\Devices and Printers". Click on "Add device". Try using the drivers you have. If you still have problems, go to the "Device Manager" click the right mouse button on the name of your computer and click "Add legacy hardware. Try using the driver you have.
    If you still do not, I know no other alternative than to use a usb control natively. If successful, be sure to post again.

Referring to the software joypad, you should check the manufacturer's website of the product and see if it has drivers for Windows 7. Usually joypads are configured to access keys on the keyboard and map them to the games, try checking the functioning of the joypad in the Start Menu> Devices and Printers. Make sure it is detected and open the properties to verify that displays configuration options

The product does not have any manufacturer, the adaptation of it is done manually via the parallel port connector. These drivers were originally designed for Windows XP, and really no support for them in the manufacturers' web sites simply because the sites no longer exist. But the main question is this, Windows 7 x64 is not even recognize the device connected to the parallel port. For Windows XP for example if I connect the device and ask the system to automatically search for new devices, it is, what does not happen with Windows 7 x64. In the x32 still can not perform this test. And for drivers, the setup programs work correctly, but as there are no devices connected, they simply will not install. Is there any way to make Windows 7 to force the recognition of the device through the parallel port? I think it should be a general problem of Windows 7 on the port LTP1, as researched in various forums and saw that several other users have the same problem, not only with the joypad, but with printers that use this port.

Generally devices that use the parallel port are older and without proper support from their manufacturers can not guarantee that Windows 7 to recognize and use generic drivers automatically. If manufacturers do not create new drivers or guarantee the compatibility of a device with the Windows 7 platform, since device drivers are made by the same manufacturer and not by Microsoft. I have not done any testing on this, but I believe the result on the 32bit version is no exception. My suggestion is to check is similar to your joypad, but it is compatible with Windows 7, preferably with a USB connector.

Yes, I got it to work via USB adapters with all functions. But the insistence by the parallel port is that the response is much faster. If the difference was not so, would the same USB. Imagine playing a game on an old machine and then a current machine and super powerful. It is more or less that the difference in responsiveness between the LPT1 port and USB.

Your only solution in this case is to you vmware or sun xvm virtual box and run windows xp through it. Because they can recognise parallel port devices and since , according to you, your device works fine in windows xp.