Thread: 1GB Ram - computer says insufficient memory

1GB Ram - computer says insufficient memory

Hello,
    I have a problem with my computer memory. By the time I the following message: "free memory is insufficient to execute this program. Quit one or more program and then try again." The problem is that often when I indicated I was no program to open! Also my computer gives me 40% of RAM free, 65% of free virtual memory, 77% of "swap space" free (although I do not know what it is) and a hard disk partitioned into two l a full 96% of that or there are windows and the other at 72% full. I have 1024MB RAM and a 250GB hard disk and the time when the computer displays the error message I can not access the file: "desktop", my image etc. everything is in "start". So what do I do? Buy more RAM? Another hard drive?
    Last edited by Windowed; 07-01-2010 at 01:46 PM.

Re: 1GB Ram - computer says insufficient memory

Hi
    If the disk that contains Windows is filled to 96%, it may be saturated just when he needs to work files to open any task. Tries (but careful!) To delete or move files that could be both in your Partition "user". Often there are also unused applications, but are demanding hard place. Just try terminating the task or process or application which are running unnecessarily.

Hi
    Yes, a full system disk to 96% is the horror. Especially if it is very fragmented (in addition to de-fragment with so little free space, it is virtually impossible). I dare not imagine what a state should be your virtual memory file pagefile.sys.
    A cleaning of all temporary files would not be forgotten luxury also a utility such as Ccleaner or ATF Cleaner. What is it exactly about the partition containing Windows? Only Windows and programs and also data?

Hi
    In the system disk there are some windows applications, some of my games, my various music players and video, my anti-virus and various small programs like msn, mozilla firefox etc.. I just noticed that in the "property" and "sharing" of the two partitions on my hard drive they are talking about sharing the root drive but it is mentioned as a risk. Firstly what is THERE and two what are the risks? and finally I can move programs contained in "program files" to my other partition, and if so which file? Thank you again for your reply.

Hi
    Why would you share your disk? This is justified (possibly) if you are on LAN with other computers. The risk is a risk of intrusion. You can always install programs on another partition or another disk but you can not just move them. It should uninstall properly and recreate such a Program Files directory on your other partition or drive (you can actually call it as you want). Then you reinstall specifying that directory as a target for installation. Your second partition seemed crowded to me. I think it's time to buy a second disk.

Hello
    I started moving the file bulky to the larger of the two partitions, I already save 10GB. When I speak system of sharing, I thought that perhaps I could reunite the two partitions. Do not worry, I save all on an external hard drive but I used as backup in case there would be a critical failure, so all my data is always duplicated. I found that certain program, did not I install them anywhere but in "program files" so I think your idea is good. i.e create a folder "program files" in the second partition.

I have 2gb RAM 4gb READY BOOST on flash and 90 gb free space on drive C:
    When I past specil from EXCEL 2010 to Autocad 2011 there is a message of
    INSUFFICIENT MEMORY FOR THIS OPERATION
    How I over come this error mesg
    thanks

This is due to some applications or file consuming too much of ram and at the same the ram is not fully available. This is due to the internal limits of yoru system. What is happening here is that when your application tries to run fully and when it reaches it limits then you get the error. This error is mostly related to the SHAREDMEMSIZE settings. This are in the BDE. So you might need to configure the BDE settings for that.

Should U plz explain "BDE" and "sharemem" and how to change the setting of