Thread: Why Microphone is not working with Sound Blaster Live!

Why Microphone is not working with Sound Blaster Live!

Hi,
    Help me, My Computer Microphone is not working with Sound Blaster Live. I use Intel Core 2due processor with Chipset Intel Springdale i865PE. My system never give any sound card problems, it means I am not getting any error message which related with the sound card. I use a headset and
    microphone for gaming as well as doing voice chatting with my friends. After some day my mic stop working and that time I get new headset but the same problem I face with this new headset. Can anyone give me solution for that?
    Last edited by Chadwick; 06-01-2010 at 09:57 PM.

Re: Why Microphone is not working with Sound Blaster Live!

I think there is some problem with your system setting, if your speaker working properly then, I sure there some problem in your speaker setting, for that you have to check all the setting in your computer Control Panel, because if you or anyone disabled or changed your mic setting from your computer. Once I also face this same problem my Microphone also not working with Sound Blaster, when I see my control panel setting that time I saw someone disabled my mis setting because of that my Microphone is not working. For your mic issue, you have to check all speakers setting. And I sure there is some problem in your control panel setting.

I think this is your mic port problem, suppose there is any problem in your headset then why your headset speakers are working? Or if there is some setting problem than why your speakers are working? I sure this is a port problem and because of this your Microphone is not working with Sound Blaster, for solving this problem you have to change the port or try to use other option for testing your headset.

Microphone is not working with Sound Blaster Live because when you use Sound Blaster Live without sound card that time it’s effect on your on board sound card, but on board sound card is not that much capable to properly work with the Sound Blaster Live. And that time you try to use heavily sound than your motherboard on board sound card goes crashed. And because if this you get this error. For solution is that you have buy new Sound Blaster Live enabled sound card.

I think this is a drivers problem with your system, because when you add something new hardware that time you have to check or update your old drive, when you add new hardware that time it’ll not give you any error prompt because it will find the drivers but when you try to use it that time you get the error prompt because that time this new hardware doesn’t get compatible files with it. And that time your Microphone is not working with Sound Blaster Live.