Thread: Bad power supply configuration

Bad power supply configuration

Hello
    I have a little trouble with my computer, it suddenly stops and starts on the road alone, without correlation with the use of a particular program. I do not know if it is a virus or a bad power supply configuration. Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by NetWorkInG; 06-01-2010 at 11:59 AM.

Re: Bad power supply configuration

Hi
    If the decision is really brutal (direct reboot, not shutdown windows), you can suspect several things:
    - (micro) power outages (be sure you always have light)
    - wiring faulty
    and especially to check: exceeded CPU temperature or a part of the machine, the best thing is that when the AC is, you open your machine and you just see if it heats somewhere if you burn the CPU, you're probably good to change proc + motherboard. Good luck

Hello
    I think it is a problem of power supply, but Is it a way to check? The stop is always brutal, no play at the power outlet. I am afraid to check because I do not have the required knowledge of it. How can I check with out any risk to computer, I mean, I should not be required to remove any of the cables of the mother board. Is this possible to check this way? Thank you

Hello
    You like what material, and as what temperature? In the bios there is a setting to shut down or not the machine when the temperature reaches a certain set value. You can try that out or else just manually check the parts there is no harm in that and it can be done with out any risk. Hope you will try it by your own, believe me it is not that hard. Just give it a try.

Hi
    I did not know too much about this and so I do not know how to check the temperature, thank you tell me how, but I opened the computer and it does not seem that hot. Thank you also for guiding me how to access the bios. I am equipped with a 400W power supply, AMDsempron processor 3100 +, 1.81 GHz, 512 RAM, motherboard asus NVIDIA nForce3 250 Socket 754 more in graphics card.

Hello
    You can see in the bios in general, for almost all PCs. We must keep pressing delete key when you start the machine to enter the BIOS menu. You have probably seen the message "press del to enter setup" or something like that. But for now, it is not necessary. You can use the software monitoring "asusprob" which lies on the cdrom to the motherboard. It will tell voltages, temperatures and it is better than the other generic software (mbm, everest ). Do not take these values to the letter is just an indication. But normally, you should not have overheating problems with the sempron 754. Unless you have committed balls when installing the radiator.