Thread: Error 0200: Failure Fixed Disk 0

Error 0200: Failure Fixed Disk 0

I have Dell Studio XPS 16 laptop with me and configuration is Intel CoreTM i7-820QM Mobile Processor, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4670-1GB, 4GB RAM, 256GB HDD, Windows XP. I play lots of games on my laptop and also use for business purpose also. Also access internet on daily basis. A day back when i playing games, the laptop suddenly got restarted and gave the error 0200: Failure Fixed Disk 0 . I don't know want this error is about, and please help me out for this problem to get fix.

Re: Error 0200: Failure Fixed Disk 0

The error you have mentioned may be occurred due to hard disk is been dead, this may be due to you have dropped the laptop somehow somewhere. To check weather your hard disk is dead or not, you can go to the service center of the dell company and asked them what has cause you to get this error and also ask them weather your hard disk is working or not. Hope you will be able to solve the problem.

Firstly take your Windows XP CD and try to do repairing the files on the HDD. And unsure that you don't go in the format option, only try to repair. This will repair all the corrupted files on your hard disk, but it will do anything to uncorrupted file. If this do not work, then think so you to buy new hard disk for you or give the hard disk to any professional repairer. Hope your problem will get solve.

Check the BIOS settings your hard disk would also have been changed or would not be readable, this same problem i also had and fixed it. The below are the steps to solve:
    1] Keep your laptop on a solid surface, where it will not move anyhow.
    2] Turn off the laptop and then press down the windows key and the alt key very firmly and don't worry to give it more pressure
    3] Now, turn on the laptop and hope everything would boot normally.
    Hope your problem get fix after all this steps.

The Error 0200: Failure Fixed Disk 0 is very irritating one. Mostly this error comes if the HDD is dead. But you may have luck, then it may not. Check, you are able to do recovery by 'FIXMBR' command, which needs the Windows CD. And his does not work then your HDD is really dead and have to buy new one. Don't think so you can even do any recovery of data if it is dead. But my experience says that this error you got should only indicates file allocation table corruption.

According to me, first you should try with another(friends) hard disk and try it works or not. If another HDD is working perfectly then the problem would be with cables. You should try trace back from the HDD, and do swapping out the IDE/SATA cable that connects to the motherboard. And try to make use of only one IDE device connected to your motherboard and see if it works consistently then. Hope this would fix the problem.