Thread: Acer Aspire One Mini-Notebook keyboard issue

Acer Aspire One Mini-Notebook keyboard issue

I have an Acer Aspire One Mini-Notebook. I had installed Windows Vista on it. Now the problem is that suddenly the keyboard stopped working and the pointer is jerking(not moving fluently) when i use my touchpad. However, everything works great in safe mode. I started up with no services and no start up programs running and it seemed to work but just for a while. So, can any body tell me that how do i resolve Acer Aspire One Mini-Notebook keyboard issue? Any one knows about it? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: Acer Aspire One Mini-Notebook keyboard issue

Try going to safe mode by pressing F8 before windows boots. if it works here, then you do indeed have a software issue. Other wise you need check out your Acer settings. Other recommend changing that you can do is by going in to Control Panel -> System -> Hardware -> Device Manager. Expand "Network Adapters" and double-click on the Atheros card. Then go to the advanced tab and turn "Power Save Mode" to off.

Usually at some point I would see the wireless drop, but haven't had it happen yet with this driver. Don't worry about the "idle" process showing high cpu usage, this is quite normal. I have a feeling that you have the wrong chipset drivers installed. Where did you install your drivers from?

However, it sounds like it might be overheating. Does the fan seem unusually loud? if so try blowing some compressed air in the vents on the left. There was however a "Performance issue" listed under the "Performance Information and Tools" in Control Panel. Either in the battery or the battery circuitry. Whenever I remove the battery every thing works GREAT! If I reconnect the battery the problem comes back.

I have been having the same problem with the same machine and removing the battery worked. First, I unhooked the battery and the power cord. Then I held the power button for 20 seconds. How did you solve your problem? New battery or some other fix? Then I plugged in the power cord without the battery and turned it on, but it just shut off again as usual right after it booted up. I took the battery that was working very poorly, and now the PC is no longer freezing up or rebooting! I also would like to know if a new battery worked.