Thread: Upgrading the Dell Computer with the Blu-ray Drive

Upgrading the Dell Computer with the Blu-ray Drive

I am currently using the Dell Vostro Desktop computer system and this desktop is having the DVD+RW drive. But now i am thinking to upgrade the this desktop with the new Blu-Ray Drive. Because i like to watch the movies in the High definition Format and the DVD does not has the HD video. That is why i am thinking of upgrading the DELL Computer from the DVD to the Blu-Ray Drive. Can i do this with my computer? If yes then which Blu-Ray drive i should purchase?

Re: Upgrading the Dell Computer with the Blu-ray Drive

You are having the Dell Vostro Desktop computer at your place and you want to upgrade the CD/DVD Rom of desktop to the Blu-Ray drive. You are not sure about that you can do this upgrade to your desktop or not. To check this out you should visit the Dell website for the information on this topic. check the hardware requirements for upgrading to the Blu-Ray drive in your computer system. If your system has the required hardware support for the Blu-Ray drive then you can easily upgrade the computer system.

I think you can easily upgrade your Dell Vostro desktop with the Blu-ray drive if you are having the Core 2 Duo processor and the 4GB of the RAM Memory in your computer system. But for watching the HD movies in your computer system you should have the FULL HD Monitor also. If you are having all these requirement then there is absolutely no problem in upgrading the Desktop with the Blu-Ray Drive. If you are not having the Required RAM then you can attach the Extra RAM to the Motherboard of the System.

First of all you should check the Compatibility of the motherboard of your computer system with the Blu-Ray drives. Because you have not mentioned the motherboard model of your Dell Desktop system over here. Go to the website of the manufacturer of the motherboard or you can go to the website of the DELL computers and check the motherboard compatibility of your desktop with the Blu-Ray drives. If this motherboard has the support for it then you can do it without the problem and if not, then you cannot do this upgrade.

There are many Blu-Ray drives are available in the market. you can upgrade you dell desktop using these Blu-Ray drives.

1. Pioneer BDR-101A
    2. Samsung SH-B022
    3. Sony BRU-100A
    4. Sony BWU-100A
    5. Philips SPD7000
    6. Panasonic SW-5582
    7. Panasonic UJ-215
    8. Panasonic UJ-210
    9. LG GGW-H10N (Hybrid Blu-ray/HD-DVD drive)
    10. BenQ BW1000

You can buy any one of these Blu-Ray drives for upgrading the Dell Vostro computer system. But i think you should go for the Sony Blu-Ray drives because the Sony and some other companies have invented the Blu-Ray technique. So i think Sony is the better from all other manufacturers of the Blu-Ray drives for the computer system. This may come little bit more Expensive as compared to the other manufacturers drives. But the decision is totally of yours. Buy the drive whichever you like.