Thread: Netgear Stora installation and Settings

Netgear Stora installation and Settings

hi
    i am interested to get this Netgear Stora NAS for my home network well that hard disk with a capacity of one terabyte is really useful for me. Finally it is interesting to know how well the Stora performance is i wanted to know how it speed up the process and its settings.

thank you

Re: Netgear Stora installation and Settings

Like the Netgear WNDR3700 does the Stora a black jacket. The front and both sides are finished in glossy black plastic, while the top and back are finished in matt black plastic. At the bottom you can see that the basis of the Stora is made of metal. Given that the Stora weighing nearly 1.4 kg without hard drives, the device feels solid and you will not just dispose of your desk. The legs where in the Stora state have rubber feet, making him firmly on the ground. The square box is not very big and you'll have no trouble finding a place for. All in all a very tight unit with no frills weird.

There are several tools for each user available so that one can determine for himself what to do if a file is put on the Stora exists or albums should be automatically shared with other users and media players also the language can be set. Of course it is also possible to change an account password.

In practice you also do not suffer much from the somewhat slow drive when playing content that is already on the NAS. When playing files from the network or via the internet, I had almost no problems. Of course you will probably have problems if you want to stream an HD movie over the Internet, but also meets the machine with excellent performance in my eyes.

It Also create albums that you can share with the outside world is well put together. With one click you can rejoice with a family photo album or your friends listen to a new CD or movie to watch. All in all, just big fun with the Stora to get started.

But if you really want to work intensively with a NAS and Stora searches you can put your own hand, then you hit the restrictions. You have to do with the functions and Netgear offers hope that requests for new functionality will actually be transformed into an update for the firmware. There is more, that for some basic functionality to take a paid subscription. Do you want a NAS that you can configure every way and provided with plug-ins, you can improve the Stora ignored.

All in all, the Stora just a good and solid product. If you are looking for a NAS that is easy to use and file sharing to create a piece of cake, then you can buy with confidence Stora. Do you really want a step further in terms of configuration and you're looking for pure performance, it is advisable to look further.