Thread: LaCie D2 Network for my apple mac

LaCie D2 Network for my apple mac

hi
    i am apple fan having mac book pro also iphone now i am willing to get network drive for me where i read LaCie D2 Network promising good support for apple product can any one help me with this
    thank you

Re: LaCie D2 Network for my apple mac

The unit comes with a CD-Rom which contains among others backup software Intego signed for those who are not happy with Time Machine and an application to drive and monitor the NAS remotely. LaCie Network Assistant is a small utility which houses an icon in the menu bar. From this, it is possible to wake up the disk, mount one of its partitions, or configure the network part.

the NAS LaCie is more comfortable with small files, while the Time Capsule is doing better when it comes to dealing with large files. From the moment you set a consistent volume as Time Machine, it is automatically recognized by the software of Apple. There is no difference in operation compared to a standard volume.But the configuration itself of the solution from LaCie is a web browser. From it, you have access to all functions. You can create as many mount points as you want. A mount point is a virtual disk that corresponds to part of the disk drive.

LaCie D2 Network can also serve as a BitTorrent client. To do this, it suffices to indicate the Torrent file, and to specify where you want to store. A screen can track at any time the progress of the download and put on pause if necessary.

Another feature offered by the LaCie NAS is the possibility of transforming it into iTunes server. Specifically, simply copy your audio files in the folder or folders of your choice. Since the admin, should select the folder containing MP3s and ask the system to index your files. The process is rather annoying, whenever you add new files, you must restart the transaction so that it indexes the new files. On iTunes, the list generated appears as a shared list. The LaCie server without problem can stream music to multiple Macs simultaneously.

The least i can say is that the LaCie D2 Network is complete good packet . This hard drive is everything appears to be reliable on a daily basis and can be quite useful. It is currently available in three versions: 500 GB (169 €), 1.5 TB (269 €).